Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Barclaycard recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Failed Barclaycard recon

I apped for the barclay ring cc on 7/6 and was denied. I called the recon number 2x's, and was still denied because i have 6 inquiries on my report. 6 total, and 3 were from barclay. They all were made between nov16 and july17. I explained to them that the inquires werent for new credit, except 2 of them, they still wouldnt budge smh they congratulate me on having a great report though because all accounts are in good standing and i have no lates or any other baddies. And my score is 660. Is there anyway i can get them to over turn their decision? Is there someone else i can speak to?

I called a 3rd time, but got a very rude rep. I asked her about a product change and she went off on me saying she already told me she wasnt going to approve me (i just asked a question, i didnt ask her to do a product change). I hung up on her before she made me come out of character. I really dnt want to believe that 6 inquiries are holding me back
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Failed Barclaycard recon

@Anonymous wrote:
I apped for the barclay ring cc on 7/6 and was denied. I called the recon number 2x's, and was still denied because i have 6 inquiries on my report. 6 total, and 3 were from barclay. They all were made between nov16 and july17. I explained to them that the inquires werent for new credit, except 2 of them, they still wouldnt budge smh they congratulate me on having a great report though because all accounts are in good standing and i have no lates or any other baddies. And my score is 660. Is there anyway i can get them to over turn their decision? Is there someone else i can speak to?

I called a 3rd time, but got a very rude rep. I asked her about a product change and she went off on me saying she already told me she wasnt going to approve me (i just asked a question, i didnt ask her to do a product change). I hung up on her before she made me come out of character. I really dnt want to believe that 6 inquiries are holding me back

The Ring is their top of the line card. You're not going to get it no matter how many times you call.

If your TU score goes up substantially, and you still want it, try again, but no sooner than 3 months.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other than having the inquiries, i wouldve been approved, thats whst i was told. Im just disappointed that im being denied because of a few inquiries
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied for a Barclay Arrival Plus with a credit score of 750. They said they wanted to see a open account open for more than a year. Total credit lines were almost 75k around that time. The point I'm trying to make is once they make up their minds there is no changing it. They keep record of all the calls that you make back so the other reps are aware. After my accounts were over a year I applied for a Jetblue Plus card with a score of 750ish and received a card for 14k starting limit. 

If you really want a barclay the only solution is to garden unless somebody on here can give you better advice. Good luck. 

Oh that rep speaking to you in that tone is completely unacceptable. If it ever happens again I would suggest asking to speak to a supervisor and making them aware that the rep is being rude and that is unacceptable you just had a simple question there was no need for that. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a barclays reward card that i've had for over a yr. I dnt plan on using it because the apr is 24.99%, and i cant get it lowered. I only wanted the ring to do a balance transfer. Im just surprised that im denied because of inquiries. Especially since my reports were in the building phase when i recieved the rewards card (after recon). Im not going to inquire about the card anymore. Citi has a better offer anyway. Thanks
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

SouthJamaica is correct that you will not get the Ring card unless your score goes up quite a bit from 660, sorry to say. The score is a significant factor here.

Message 6 of 17
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied for a Barclay Arrival Plus with a credit score of 750. They said they wanted to see a open account open for more than a year. Total credit lines were almost 75k around that time. The point I'm trying to make is once they make up their minds there is no changing it. They keep record of all the calls that you make back so the other reps are aware. After my accounts were over a year I applied for a Jetblue Plus card with a score of 750ish and received a card for 14k starting limit. 

If you really want a barclay the only solution is to garden unless somebody on here can give you better advice. Good luck. 

Oh that rep speaking to you in that tone is completely unacceptable. If it ever happens again I would suggest asking to speak to a supervisor and making them aware that the rep is being rude and that is unacceptable you just had a simple question there was no need for that. 

Barclay is odd/bizarre at times (tons of posts about them), try them again when your score reaches 700ish.  I have the Ring and the NFL card, but got splattered when I apped for the Arrival Plus, so I went elsewhere!  Plenty of fish in the sea, and, Citi does have some good offers for bt's.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Seems that sometimes they will tell you its because of certain things , like inquiries, when they know its really not. SJ knows alot of about this card, and like Humu said, its gotta be your score. I think they have a log on when you call so when you keep calling back they know they've already talked to you. Try again when your over 700, we sll have our white whales, lol, mine was Disco with like 6hps on 5 triesSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know what report Barclay pulls?

Message 9 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone know what report Barclay pulls?

Almost always TU.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.