Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell off the wagon (CSP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fell off the wagon (CSP)

So I got the itch after a year and decided to try my luck again for a Chase Sapphire Preferred... I got the mediocre result. (Last year I got denied and my CFU closed because I app-spreed three months before applying for the CSP, waited until this year to see if they're less spooked)

Not immediately approved and the "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." email. 30 day notice on the automated line.

Guess we gotta see how it goes! Did notice an odd thing, however. Got an alert from credit karma about a new inquiry on EQ... Expected. Though it lists it as February 20th [b]2019[/b] wonder if this means after tomorrow it won't hurt my score and drop off in a year. Checked the Experian app as well... It says 02/20/19 as well! Chaaase... What are you up to?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fell off the wagon (CSP)

Good luck on your application! And regarding the date showing that is odd.

Message 2 of 22
thornback
Senior Contributor

Good luck on both the approval status and those incorrect inquiry dates staying incorrect 😜

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, if the dates stay incorrect, at least this app shouldn't hurt my score any of denied. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck with the app and keep us updated

Message 6 of 22
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got the itch after a year and decided to try my luck again for a Chase Sapphire Preferred... I got the mediocre result. (Last year I got denied and my CFU closed because I app-spreed three months before applying for the CSP, waited until this year to see if they're less spooked)

Not immediately approved and the "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." email. 30 day notice on the automated line.

Guess we gotta see how it goes! Did notice an odd thing, however. Got an alert from credit karma about a new inquiry on EQ... Expected. Though it lists it as February 20th [b]2019[/b] wonder if this means after tomorrow it won't hurt my score and drop off in a year. Checked the Experian app as well... It says 02/20/19 as well! Chaaase... What are you up to?

And today is the 19th so it's a year and 1 day off. Yep, doesnt make sense at all. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm... That begs the question... Do I modify my garden timer back to my latest by date HP? 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hm... That begs the question... Do I modify my garden timer back to my latest by date HP? 

The date will get fixed eventually and the idea of the garden date is meant to be when you stopped seeking new credit. I would still count this as a garden reset because you submitted an app and took a HP, regardless of the date issue. 

Message 9 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're applying, you're not gardening, regardless of any errors on your CR. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.