Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fell off the wagon (CSP)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fell off the wagon (CSP)

That's what I figured, just was random musing. I've got no further goals so after this is just more gardening. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  I really hope you get it.

Fingers crossed all the way for you! 

Message 12 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Good luck on your application!
Message 13 of 22
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

I remember that thread one bit.

I am now in a Chase battle trying to get an rewards that will benefit me. I am stuck until June to stab Chase again.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a fun anecdote... After I got home yesterday, the same day applying for the CSP, I find an invitation from MasterCard for their "Black Card" with a set apr of 16.25% in my mailbox. If I can get "invitations" from MasterCard for a more luxurious card than what I'm applying for and Chase declines me.... What will that say? Smiley Tongue

.... Probably that Chase hates me. *shrug* automated line still saying 30 days, so at least it's going to an underwriter.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Black Card from Barclay? 
You'd rather get the card you're waiting on the approval Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Black Card from Barclay? 
You'd rather get the card you're waiting for Smiley Wink

I have no desire for the black card (unless it says Amex... Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hrm, well got an update. Automated line moved to the 7-10 days... I bet it's a denial with a "Previous unsatisfactory relationship" reasoning. That's what they told me last time when they closed my 0 balance CFU.

Message 18 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hrm, well got an update. Automated line moved to the 7-10 days... I bet it's a denial with a "Previous unsatisfactory relationship" reasoning. That's what they told me last time when they closed my 0 balance CFU.

More than likely since it's doubtful 'verification' may be required at this point given you previously had accounts with Chase.

Update your thread with the outcome either way.  This can help others with a similar situation. 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

More than likely since it's doubtful 'verification' may be required at this point given you previously had accounts with Chase.

Update your thread with the outcome either way.  This can help others with a similar situation. 

Got an update and a data point... Apparently they must have changed internal policy. My deniel reasons are as follows:

Insufficient credit information

Oldest  revolving account has not been opened long enough

My Oldest card has been open for 3 years, 4 months... hrm. Called in and spoke with a very bored sounding woman with a monotone voice (Mod cut - not here, please - per forum guidelines). She told me the same thing the letter did, and said the oldest one showing that 'qualified' was my Synchrony card. Since it requires at least 5k, she couldn't give me the 5k required to open the card.

My guess: Now they only consider cards over the starting CL of the one you're applying for, so they completely ignored all my other cards and based my credit profile on my paypal card alone. Which is a $10k card opened exactly one year ago. I had mentioned my other cards and she said the synchrony card was the only one showing on the application until she looked at my report and mentioned since none of my others were 5k, they didn't qualify to apply for the CSP.

Edit: Score on denial letter was Equifax on 02-19-2020: 728

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.