Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fico Scores - Amex Gold

tag
CosmoKramer-
Established Member

Re: Fico Scores - Amex Gold

Thank you for the help, much appreciated. 

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CosmoKramer- wrote:

Thank you for the help, much appreciated. 

No problem. Should be a pretty easy card to get with your EX score. Good luck!Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 31
bondsandloan
Regular Contributor

Quick question on the Amex Gold (rather than make a new thread) - What kind of AoOA & AAoA is needed for the Amex Gold?
Message 23 of 31
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Schmoopy wrote:

If you have 742 score with Experian I think you should be good to go as that's the only score Amex will pull.

I was approved for Amex Gold with 696 on Experian at the time for a 3K limit BUT I was also an AU for someone else's gold card at the time. Now my pre-spending limit is $50K. I think you def have good chances!

@Schmoopy, that blue is a real eye sore, can you please tone it down and change your future posts to black?  Its very hard to read against our new bright white background. 

Message 24 of 31
Schmoopy
New Contributor

Sure.

8/2017 Experian 684 | 11/2017 Transunion 640 | 10/25/2018 Experian 784, Transunion 711, Equifax 707 | 11/1/2018 Experian 797, Transunion 709, Equifax 709 | 2/20/2021 Experian 744, Transunion 716, Equifax 703 | 1/29/2022 Experian 695, Transunion 700, Equifax 700 | 6/11/2022 Experian 792, Transunion 749, Equifax 742 | 8/4/2022 Experian 757, Transunion 782, Equifax 745 | 3/22/2023 Experian 817, Transunion 825, Equifax 827
Message 25 of 31
seattlecredit08
Frequent Contributor

From my experience and seeing others' experience on this board:

• AMEX will generally approve anyone with their FICO 8 Experian approaching 700 (e.g. 675 or 680 may get you an approval but it will be right on the border). Of course, other specific factors may matter.
  • AMEX online pre-qualification tool seems to be generally pretty accurate with respect to your approval chances (provided your Experian report is not locked/frozen)
  • The approval criteria for AMEX Charge cards (e.g. Green, Gold, Platinum) appear to be the same or extremely similar (same can't be said for their annual fees!). Thus, if you are showing a pre-approval for the Green charge card, you will likely be approved for Gold/Platinum as well

Thanks!!

Message 26 of 31
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

I was showing pre approvals for the Delta Blue and Green Card. I got approved for the Delta Blue and opted to app for the Gold over the Green; also was approved. My EX is probably around 660 with 2 lates 8 months ago. Util is around 10%.

Moral of the story, barring something super neg in your profile, you’ll be approved.
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get the card?

Message 28 of 31
CosmoKramer-
Established Member

Yes, I did. I was approved instantly. Thanks for the help all. 

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CosmoKramer- wrote:

Yes, I did. I was approved instantly. Thanks for the help all. 

Congrats. My Exp FICO is 632 got a ways to go. Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.