Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity CLI SP or HP

tag
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Fidelity CLI SP or HP

Anyone know if the Fidelity card is a SP or HP?

I went to apply but then small fine print right about submit mentioned they will obtain a credit reportCapture.JPG

Trying to avoid any HP's due to mortgage app coming soon, but trying to increase overall credit prior to that.

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fidelity CLI SP or HP

It is typically HP.

In rare instances, some ELAN CCs (including Fidelity) have been known to SP. Just know that there isn't a set-in-stone policy for CLIs, so if you want to avoid a HP, then don't pull the trigger.

Message 2 of 8
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Thanks.

Guess I'll wait till after then.

TransUnion FicoScore 8 : 800 | EquiFax FicoScore 9 : 813 | Experian FicoScore 8 : 760
Total Credit Limit Of : $374,650 | Avg Cr Age : 6 Yrs., Oldest card : 18 years, Youngest card : 2 Month
Message 3 of 8
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Definitely HP...they might be a subsidiary of US Bank, but don't act like it.

Message 4 of 8
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

Thanks

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Message 5 of 8
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Not true.

My last two CLI's on my Fidelity Visa were both SP.

The latest being last week.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 8
socalchef00
Regular Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Not true.

Thanks. I'll consider that....just cant risk a hard inquiry.

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@socalchef00 wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Not true.

Thanks. I'll consider that....just cant risk a hard inquiry.

Since the majority of reported DPs indicate ELAN typically HPs for a CLI, I wouldn't risk your mortgage application.  Since it's nothing pressing or of need, wait until your mortgage is approved and funded + keys in hand.

Sure, there's bound to be profiles that qualify for a SP CLI. But, the bottom line is that no one here can guarantee your results even if the above poster's results were SP for their specific profile.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.