Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Mail Offer - Trio Card w/ $350 sign up bonus after $1,500 spend

tag
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Fifth Third Mail Offer - Trio Card w/ $350 sign up bonus after $1,500 spend

Seeking some insight with this one. 

Received the mail offer on this and decided to jump on it. Haven't opened a card in almost a year. 

The card has 3% on resturaunts and 2% on gas and grocery stores as well. Overlaps with my Chase AARP but you can't beat the $350 bonus for spending what I already would. 

Anyway, my scores are anywhere from 780-800. Haven't checked on them in awhile because I really have no reason to anymore. 

This is the message I got after applying. Of course I can't call their customer service right now as it is after hours. 

Not sure what to take from this lol

Thank you for applying for a Fifth Third MasterCard® .

If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at
1-800-972-3030.

Once you've received your credit card and would like to add an authorized user, please contact Customer Service at
1-800-972-3030.

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Fifth Third Mail Offer - Trio Card w/ $350 sign up bonus after $1,500 spend

Sounds like you are going to be $350 richer soon.

Do you have a current relationship with 5/3?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 5
Josh611
Regular Contributor

I do not. Have never had any account with them.

I’ve gotten a ton of offers from them but never one like this. I get the $200 to open a checking account offer quite frequently from them. I just don’t feel like switching my checking account over. It’s a pain.
Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 3 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Josh611 wrote:
I do not. Have never had any account with them.

I’ve gotten a ton of offers from them but never one like this. I get the $200 to open a checking account offer quite frequently from them. I just don’t feel like switching my checking account over. It’s a pain.

They definitely want you as a new card customer and i would have to agree that your APPROVED!

That's a mighty sweet offer they made.

FWIW, you will be a shoe in for a second 5/3 card with them not so long after this if you should decide for it.

I had (3), the first (2) were mail preapprovals and eventually approved and the (3rd) i got instantly on their website after having the first (2) for a year and putting plenty of usage and PIF through them.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Dang you got a great sign-up offer!  I recently just cold app'ed for this card for 100 sign-up.   Was instant approval on website and told CL at the time.  My scores are around 8-- on the button.  You will be golden.  Just surprised it wasn't instant since they . have been stalking you...  One thing I noticed after I was approved they soft pulled me the prior month so might of helped on my instant approval?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.