Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth third bank. Approved or denied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth third bank. Approved or denied?

So i applied and got this email. Seems like a denial.

We've received your online application. Your account information is listed below for your reference.

We are glad you have chosen to bank with us. Please call 866-715-0056 to reach a Fifth Third Representative with any questions that you may have about your account.

Account Opening Date & Time: 04/09/2018 2:01 PM EDT
TRIO Credit Card
Your application is being reviewed and you will hear from us within the next 30 days. Thank you again for your application.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fifth third bank. Approved or denied?

Could go either way, but usually those are approvals.. Other people have received those as well and most time yield an approval.  As always YMMV.  Two cards I got from them are instants, but more time than not alot go under review

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it said 30 days its very likely a denial.

approval is 7-10 days notice.

i have applied on 4/1 with an EQ pull & 695 score for Truly Simple card and waiting. I too did a cold app.

Let me know if you find out

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 days is usually an approval as they need to verify information to make sure is you who applied for the card. 7-10 days is the typical denial message.
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@c00mtg

it all remains to be seen who's right here?

i m still waiting to hear from Fifth Third? havent called or done anything ? just gonna leave it alone. see what happenzzzzzz..

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

its been now 15 days and i haven't heard back on my fifth third bank approval yet.

What to make of it? has the OP heard back yet?

Message 6 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Fifth thrid moves like a snail.. I was instant approved for my 2nd card with them and it has been 14 days and I have yet to receive my card.  So could be up to 30 days for OP to receieve card.  They are slow.

Message 7 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I concur with CreditCuriosity, most of my 5/3 CCs have been slow as far as delivery goes. With the exception of one instance in which they expedited.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied back in Sept 17 (cold app) and was given same message and got declined - too many inquiries - recently opened accounts (they pulled EQ at the time i had 19 INQ.

I apped March 18' with a pre approved letter and was given the same message. This time they pull TU. I called next day and CSR said they don't see if call again within 48 hours, called back again said i got approved but would not give me the amount it was approved for. Waited 17 days to received card in mail to find out SL is 7K at 17.99%

it can go either way i never had 5/3 did not like how they do things seems out dated like US bank lol. Good luck either way!!!! keep us posted.

i used it once since no SUB for lunch with a co worker, paid it off and now sock drawer was not impressed after my personal experience. lol. don't care too much for my INQ at the moment and went app crazy lol

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

is trio better or truly simple?

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.