cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Service Bank Credit Cards..Does anybody have any experience with any of them?

tag
user979797
Established Contributor

First Service Bank Credit Cards..Does anybody have any experience with any of them?

Hello everyone. I live in Arkansas and my local bank just started their own credit card program but I can't find a single review or person who has one or has any info on them even though they have been around for over a year now. They have 5 cards a platinum, a rewards a preffered a World and a World Elite.  The world and world elite both have 10.99-13.99 interest rates and the other three start at 10.99 and go to 21.99. The world and world elite have no foreign transaction fees. I am most interested in the platinum rewards even if i got the highest rate of 21.99 it would be my lowest rate card. And to earn cash back on it with no annual fee = WIN. The problem is I have no idea what their credit criteria or structures are and it's been over a year and the few people that have them have not posted any reviews on them so I have nothing to go on besides taking a hard pull and I'm not willing to do that with my credit the way it is just yet. If anyone has any of their cards or has information on any of these cards please post here and let everyone know. I do not know if these cards are the best or not but they look really decent and some of them have major appeal. Thank you. PS The bank is First Service Bank in Arkansas and you can view their credit card terms and conditions at this link https://app.thecardservicescenter.com/Selection/Selection?finumber=1492

>
8 REPLIES 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: First Service Bank Credit Cards..Does anybody have any experience with any of them?

These are sponsored and underwritten by “Card Assets”. 

https://cardassets.com/

This is an issuer out of Georgia that partners with small institutions.

Sort of a smaller version of Elan Financial.

Don’t go on any sprees with them. They will shut you down quick.

If you want a card, get it, but don’t go nuts.

Ask me how I know. 🥺😂

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Service Bank Credit Cards..Does anybody have any experience with any of them?

@woodyman100 wrote:

These are sponsored and underwritten by “Card Assets”. 

https://cardassets.com/

This is an issuer out of Georgia that partners with small institutions.

Sort of a smaller version of Elan Financial.

Don’t go on any sprees with them. They will shut you down quick.

If you want a card, get it, but don’t go nuts.

Ask me how I know. 🥺😂

Suspect you are eligible for a trip to the woodshed! Got'ta believe ... ! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@user979797 the bank has a top rating for banks in the United States. That said, they don't even show credit cards on their regular website! Most interesting!

Another poster gave you some important insight on the credit products.
Message 4 of 9
user979797
Established Contributor

If you go to their main website and click on open online one of the options is apply for a credit card so it's on their main site. That's how I found the link to post. Thank goodness it is or that would be freaky. Smiley Happy

>
Message 5 of 9
user979797
Established Contributor

Wow thank you for all the insight. I think i'll pass and go with someone else I do not like the idea of my account getting cancelled if I use it too much. Thanks again.

>
Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@user979797 wrote:

Wow thank you for all the insight. I think i'll pass and go with someone else I do not like the idea of my account getting cancelled if I use it too much. Thanks again.

I think @woodyman100  saying not to go cray cray with applications, not the actual use of their card. 

Message 7 of 9
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Exactly.
If you get the card, abuse the heck out of it.
Don’t go on App sprees though
Type “Woodyman100” and “Kiss my sister” in the Myfico search bar and you’ll find a better explanation.
Don’t type in the google search bar though. You’ll get references to assets that aren’t baby donkeys.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 8 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@woodyman100 wrote:
Exactly.
If you get the card, abuse the heck out of it.
Don’t go on App sprees though
Type “Woodyman100” and “Kiss my sister” in the Myfico search bar and you’ll find a better explanation.
Don’t type in the google search bar though. You’ll get references to assets that aren’t baby donkeys.

Oh, I remember this one!  I think I wasn't around when this FOTM happened around 2016 IIRC...and the massacre that ensued.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.