cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to remove credit freezes before Google Store/Synchrony Application, immediately denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to remove credit freezes before Google Store/Synchrony Application, immediately denied

Obviously...I realized it a split second after I clicked and my hand moved faster than my brain, I guess. I unfroze all 3 and then tried again, mainly just to see bc I really had no hopes it would go through again. TU score is 734 and the other 2 average close to the same. No lates, report is clean, util is around 10-15% depending on the month, though did a.) Just get a mortgage in March and moved, also in March. CO Quicksilver application and approval about 7 months ago.

I don't know much about Synchrony and don't think I have applied with them ever (besides now). I'd like to get the phone before Christmas, but most importantly before Black Friday and supply chain issues make them no longer available. Any chances I can get them to take a look at it if I call them?

Eh, I guess the answer probably is won't know until I try. Was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience with them and how it played out.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Vic1

Re: Forgot to remove credit freezes before Google Store/Synchrony Application, immediately denied

I've never had any great experience with Synchrony. I got rid of all their card I had. If there is like the slightest change in your credit profile they will automatically shut down your accounts at a whim without notification.  I would definitely advise against  getting any synchrony card unless you absolutely need one. 

Message 2 of 3
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Forgot to remove credit freezes before Google Store/Synchrony Application, immediately denied

Best thing you can do is stay far away from SyncB. Having said that as someone that has 2 accounts with them I understand why you might want to. Keep a low profile and don't let your exposure build up too much and you "should be" okay.

3/3/24
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.