Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fort Knox - 5% Gas - Applying during pandemic

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Fort Knox - 5% Gas - Applying during pandemic

Hey guys, I've been thinking during the pandemic I received within 4 months, at least $13K... That's about $3K/m, for doing literally nothing. But after all this is over, I'm going to be back to a job - back to working min. wage jobs. Maybe I'm overthinking things, but I talked to the rep and she said they usually look at employment of 6 months or a year is stable but for the time being my income is much greater than if I were to work at a job. Also having that title, unemployment sounds bad but they know that the money is coming in so I don't see how its bad when I'm showing them proof. I haven't applied for any cards since Sept '19. My DTI is good, and I don't have no loans of any sort. Do you guys think I have a chance of getting approved during the pandemic? I asked if the jobs that I left would it be combine to this benefits income and she said no, its only the current income which is the unemployment benefits. Credit score over 750+, Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Fort Knox - 5% Gas - Applying during pandemic

Applications are based on solid and consistent income. While unemployment might be providing you enough, it's not a guarantee and could stop.

Lenders like Discover may ask for 4506T and not uncommon for CU to ask for POI.

Message 2 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Ooo wow, never knew that. Just read that someone has a Discover tax form that they needed. That makes sense! Okay, I'll just wait it out then. I think having the employment title is better. 6 months is stable? Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

POI is proof of income, pay stubs. They can ask for recent, meaning past couple of weeks. UE wouldn't satisfy that, unless you have other legitimate sources of income.

Message 4 of 8
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Does anybody know if there's a hard inquiry to join?

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Not sure if things have changed since some members joined, but perhaps @pinkandgrey can provide some feedback.

Message 6 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Not sure if things have changed since some members joined, but perhaps @pinkandgrey can provide some feedback.

It's been quite awhile since I joined, (I closed my account immediately anyway lol) but there was no HP for the MEMBERSHIP, but obviously for the cards there would be.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 8
OmarR
Established Contributor

No HP in July 2018.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.