Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny synch bank cli reject letter

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Funny synch bank cli reject letter

I hit the luv button on my banana card before the 4 month rule and got a letter in the mail saying my tu fico was 752 and i was denied a cli because i dont have enough prime bank cards and experience with debt. There exact words. Mind u i have over 100k in credit and plenty of prime bankcards. I dont have much revolving debt but plenty of installment student loans im paying for the past 3 years
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Funny synch bank cli reject letter

LOL...they are really digging deep to find new reasons for denials. One week Ill get a letter and states denial for public record (bk), the next week, its " not enough time at current limit", LOL
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
I hit the luv button on my banana card before the 4 month rule and got a letter in the mail saying my tu fico was 752 and i was denied a cli because i dont have enough prime bank cards and experience with debt. There exact words. Mind u i have over 100k in credit and plenty of prime bankcards. I dont have much revolving debt but plenty of installment student loans im paying for the past 3 years

Eh?  Seriously... They need to comes up with a better denial excuse.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've received a denial letter for a credit card citing that I don't have enough experience with mortgages.  Seriously.

Message 4 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

Hahahaha
That made me laugh for sure.
Message 5 of 12
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Pretty soon they will say that their denial reason is beacuse they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely lame.

A couple of things to consider, though:

1. How is your utilization on your prime cards? If it's really good (ie, only using one, maybe two) are those not being used reporting zero balances? In other words, can they see that you actually have and use prime bankcards?

2. I'm on a tablet, so I can't hover on your sig to see if this info is there, but if your bankcards are older, and your recent inquiries are only for the retail cards in your sig, this in conjunction with some cards not reporting zero balances might support their reasoning.

It can be frustrating for sure. I'm in the process of rebuilding - I'm going to be in the garden for quite a while. Last month, I was pretty defeated when I got an alert that my scores dropped because I was using too many CCs (total utilization across was under under 10%, most under 5% - I only charged a few small items to each to show usage.) Thankfully it was easily rectified (paid all of them off but one, which will be paid before the statement cuts next week.) Doing that saw a 10 pint increase in my TU FICO this morning (which reminds me, time to update my sig.)

All of this is to say that in essence, it's a game in which the rules are made up and the points DO matter. Smiley Happy And we're all right there with you!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Pretty soon they will say that their denial reason is beacuse they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. 

I'm waiting for " Just because "

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine said "no recent revolving balances" **bleep** does that even mean? I pay my bills each month? Lol

Message 9 of 12
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Perhaps a month later, they will give you an auto CLI like they did with me and my Paypal Smart connect recently. I tried requesting an increase on it since I got one on my Amazon last month and was denied in February for it. Synchrony can be bizarre sometimes.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.