Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening, or one last App??? "I'm going BIIIG places!"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening, or one last App??? "I'm going BIIIG places!"

Okay, I will use this to help answer a previous post and it's comments!
I love you guys so much, I am naming my first child "Fico". 👶👶👶
So much better than "Fido"
Or "Fako."
😀😂🤣😃👍

So, a couple mos. ago, I got my first 803 on EX, got a 4k increase on my Citi DP, moving it to 14k on one SP. I was jazzy jeffness, yanno?
Then, I apped for 2 cards, Nordstrom Vis Sig, and Citi DC, got both, 5k and 11k.
I died, and freaked, and the Lord of 'aight' brought me back for the night is dark and full of errors.
Anyway, ...
So, a couple weeks ago, my stupid TU's Vantagescore finally caught up from 640, and with ALL those CLIs and new larger cards, my scores now are about 750. EQ is now at 760 on Credit Karma.
I did a small BT over from my highest card (Disco), bringing it well below 30% util, in fact, now every card is well below 30% util, ... also my Cap One new Venture and QS (I PC's both so now I get cash back, yay!!!!), and every card I got changed became Visa Sig or MC World Elites! And my new APR's are between 17.00 or 18.50!
So, ...
😛😜😝🤯😀 Totally worth the mass Util drop, all my Ficos are about 750 to 800+ and so are my Vantagescores.
Cool. So, Disco saw my 2000+ payment/BT, and those new scores, yesterday gave me an increase from 10k to 14,700k!!!!
😍🤩😎👍
So, even LOWER util! And I've yet to try to increase my last couple cards, my Cap1 Venture (which usually gives biggish auto increases, but after my Vantagescores all came back gravy, I asked on my Cap1 app. Said, wait 3 days to be told! 😢😭😓
Uh-oh. Also, my Citi DP has offers online for new 0% terms, but not a better card. I am told to call from what I can read online and I should be able to at least get a card with Thank You points because I wanna travel, I want points, and my EX FICO is still high!
But I'm scared. Calling, ...what do I expect? No auto offers for a PC on an online app or link??? Must call? Really?
*scared* 😱
But, now ... my Cap1 says wait, but my VScore TU is about 750 or higher, and my FICO is like 780!
Will they call me? Deny me for too many increases?
And I've had my Citi DP for 2 yrs, so the PC request if I call should be smooth?
Cuz I'll take a Vallium if need be!!! 😢😭😰
Last, but never least, ... a HP dropped off this week. Another will in less than a month. One (maybe) 2 more in Nov. So, I'll be in the 5/24 or less club for the first time soon.
But, ... I was thinking, ... what if I tried for one more app???
I mean, ... I could use a plain Amazon, not a Chase card, and maybe change it later, right?
Or Ebates, cuz cashback is cashback! That thought rocks! Or maybe, ... what? A good co-branded card, good points, maybe a bad ass points back? HMMM?
Or should I go back to those mofo's in my head and chill them diggers out???
But, .... ack! SO DOING WELL, right? And you all taught me!
I wondered about stuff like the Marvel Card, and eh. *shrugs*
But what about a Savor card, or my first AmEx? Basic, so no scary blue mail threatening to take my priority boarding or lounge or travel points away?
I dunno. But waiting for Cap1 to answer is super suck, however, one last hurrah before I garden till at least Nov. would be a great start and I dunno how many are hyped or hooplah, sooo, ...
Suggestions?
Lol, my Utilization dropped on it's own from 26% to about 14% (not yet counting my Disco CLI).
If YOU guys say stay! I'll stop! Kool in the gang.
But if you believe that with my new GODLY scores, I could get a good card with cashback or travel perks, and suggestions are VERY much appreciated.
🤔🤨😃😁
Any advice on what seems best is muchly thank you-ed!
Okies. Gonna go pace around till I get dizzy and feel less confused, more dizzy.
Oh, and my PayPal Extras MC hasn't moved from $300 CL since I got it in like June of last year.
Any ideas about how to CLI THAT messness?

Love yas velly mush! Bye bye! 😅😝😜😛😎

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gardening, or one last App??? "I'm going BIIIG places!"

I got a little tired reading that lol.

You say you want to travel. How often? I’d think that if you’re going to do significant travel, it’d be worth looking over the costs vs benefits of Amex Platinum and Chase SR. Both are terrific cards, albeit with drastically different terms and AFs. Read em both and see if they fit.

If you’re looking at less travel, maybe a Delta card from Amex? Delta Platinum (not to be confused with the Amex Platinum charge card mentioned above) has pretty good rewards for a not-awful $195 AF - the free companion ticket all by itself can more than cover the AF. It depends on the nature and frequency of your travel. You could even get the Platinum and use it to travel and get rewards for a year, and then downgrade to Gold to avoid a second $550 AF, add the Delta Platinum, and spend less on those two AFs than on the AF for Platinum by itself.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to ho to Japan after summer to set up a possible apartment/flat rental or part-time purchase or share, then stay on and off every few months to solidify my Japanese banking, identification, work Visa, etc. for partial permanent living for next year.

So, ... I have been getting muy delicioso offers from cards that transfer towards ANA or Singapore type airlines, or that work with decently higher priced hotels like Hyatt or Marriot, but dont exclude others, just in case I want a small hotel, and a bigger focus on no foreign fees, partnerships with stores, atms, banks, anything to make the ole back-n-forth less of a pain in my gaijin a$$. 🧘‍♀️🍑🇯🇵
So, like Citi TY points, Amex everything, and maybe Chase (later on)? I dunno. Venture or Savor are okay, but so many have come up on Doc Of Credit or Nerdwallet that I get kinda overwhelmed.
🤨😐😥
I dunno.
The easiest ones to look at are maybe a Thank You PC from my Citi DP, - Maybe a Prestige? Or wait for Chase (which is why a plain Amazon would help if I PC to the Chase equivalent and maybe PC it after November)?
But when it comes to the lol/24 crowds, many say Thank You points work well, Amex always has the best to offer, and even the Venture or Savor could work.
But even my new Nordstrom VSig card is supposed to be usuable overseas, and no Foreign Fee.
*sigh* So much to think about, and it's like, ...
I wish I hadn't drank 2 Soylent Coffiest Cocoa drinks an hour ago. 😳😳😳
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m pretty sure Amex partners with every brand you mentioned to some degree, and you’d be able to transfer your MRs to them to get your perks. I don’t have Citi or Chase but I know Chase is very highly regarded for their travel cards. I think I’ve read that TY points from Citi May fall short of the MR/UR values but I can’t say for certain.

As for an Amazon PC, I doubt very much that it transfers. The store card is backed by Synchrony, not Chase, so they’re two different products from two different banks.

Read through this article to see a bunch of ways (59 to be exact) you can redeem Amex MRs. I bet you’ll find some to your liking Smiley Happy

https://upgradedpoints.com/redeem-amex-membership-rewards-points-for-max-value/#Amex-Airline-Transfe...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sank yoo velly mush! 🙇‍♀️ 🙏 ✅ 😃
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's like a whole lotta credit vomit to sift through.

Citi is easy to deal with and no nonsense when it comes to PCing to something different.  1 thing to think about is when you PC you start//stop clocks depending on what you're doing.  DP doesn't really tie into any "program" to speak of so, it shouldn't impact much whether you go TY rewards or anything else.  Personally I would probably PC into a DC instead of TYP since you wouldn't get any bonus points with a PC vs APP.

------ you have to call, they don't do much online // it's possible to have 2 DC's if need be to retain the account for age/CL padding

Cap1 could go either way on the 3 day.  Unless you're primed for scores and spending a ton with them it's futile though long term.

E-bates can be intriguing if you actually use them quite often but, it's a no frills PIF card that doesn't thave perks.

PP card....there should be an online CLI option and it should be easy to bump it being Sync and all.

As to Amex / Chase.... .Amex is going to eyeball EX for an approval and once you're in it unlocks all of the cards they offer for SP approvals.  Chase of course is the big one to count your cards before you app.  If you have an existing login with them you can view pre-qual offers beforehand and I think even their credit journey product offers some insight as to pre-approvals as well.

Check you account /24 easily through CK on this link it will allow you to sort them by date - https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport/#accounts

-- you can also sort by date with a free Experian account

I think I hit the major points.... I was the one that pushed you on the DC/Nordstroms approvals.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.