Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up on Diners Club

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Giving up on Diners Club

So last friday the 31st I applied for the DC premier and got the 7-15 day messsage, and after reading that lots of people were able to get a status of their apps I called in. First time was on saturday and no luck, i figured too early. Second time was on tuesday, still no luck. Third time Wednesday and they still aren't even to be able to locate the application. So I called the other number that someone had posted and the lady (bank of montreal)  I spoke with couldn't find anything either. She said the app may have gotten "lost" or something and suggested I reapply. Then I asked her if they would remove the inquiry since they don't even see the app and she said they can't do that because they don't see the app. Smiley Sad So anywho I took her advice and went ahead and app'd for an elite this time. Got the same 7-15 day message. I figured I would call just to see if they had gotten my application this time. Well they still haven't recieved it. I went to explain to the lady that the first app was about a week already and I just did another app hoping that they would see something. She checked again and nothing. So I called the "backdoor" number and they ended transfering me to a DC "rep" to help me locate the app. He found nothing and said he would talk to the underwriters, puts me on hold and comes back shortly. He said they in fact see the 2 apps and theres a "letter" dated today and will be mailed out today. I'm wondering if the letter is for the first app or the second app, I should have asked but it totally went over my head. He said he couldn't say if it was approved or denied but I should recieve the letter sometime next week. 

So today comes around and i figured if they have a "letter" for me surely someone can tell me something. I call the CSR and she looks me up by my socail and said it's "pending" and i should recieve something in the mail with 7-15 days. So now I'm thinking if it's a denial why not just say so instead I wasted another inquiry on my TU, good thing I don't have many. The first app they pulled TU almost instantly and the second app they didn't pull till later in the day so I'm thinking it may have been a manual review. 

Now the wait begins again, this is so bugging me I just want an answer...lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Giving up on Diners Club

Just have patience.  Maybe there is an address error that will be on the letter for you to fix.  7-15 normally is an approval so sit back and wait.

Message 2 of 93
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

NO, No, no don't give up!!!

Look, if they told you about wait for the letter at least they didn't tell you flat out it was any kind of denial. I called in on a 2nd app and a CSR told me i just have to wait for a letter and they can't find anything. So, being stubborn as hell like anyone else biting the fingernails for any answer at all, i called again later that same day and wouldn't you just know it, this different rep did happen to find the app that the other CSR told me was Pending.

What i'm trying to say is that depending on who you get ahold of in there, as busy as they are right now you can expect a no answer from most of the CSR's but it's for sure that someone else in there has a way and can pinpoint your app and then be able to tell you if a decision is in fact been made either way.

I sure hope that you get someone in there who has good news for you. Agree, it is really frustrating because we just want the drama and uncertainty part over with so we can move on.

Message 3 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to be patient.  I read all the posts here about CSRs not having any information so I didn't bother calling.  Week after applying I got my PIN and 5 days later my card.  I originally got the 7-10 day message, my scores aren't greAt so I wouldn't be shocked if you received your PIN in the mail today or tomorrow.  Remember that they are swamped.

Message 4 of 93
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Try to be patient.  I read all the posts here about CSRs not having any information so I didn't bother calling.  Week after applying I got my PIN and 5 days later my card.  I originally got the 7-10 day message, my scores aren't greAt so I wouldn't be shocked if you received your PIN in the mail today or tomorrow.  Remember that they are swamped.

I just got off the phone with them. FYI I was told by a CSR that they are not allowed to leave their station Smiley Very Happy and that they are having their lunch delivered directly to their desk. I had to ask LoL  She said i would not believe the backup they are having to deal with and that applications continue to flow in at a dizzying pace for them.

So yes try the best you can to be patient as hard that is for all of us right now

Message 5 of 93
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got off the phone with them. FYI I was told by a CSR that they are not allowed to leave their station Smiley Very Happy and that they are having their lunch delivered directly to their desk. I had to ask LoL  She said i would not believe the backup they are having to deal with and that applications continue to flow in at a dizzying pace for them.

So yes try the best you can to be patient as hard that is for all of us right now

Hah.  That's some pretty stuff.  I'm sure that they are swamped.

Message 6 of 93
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I guess I will try to wait, MyFico family gives me hope when I least have it. You guy/gals are a great bunch!!!

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 93
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

They told me the same - it's been 5 weeks now and still no letter...
Message 8 of 93
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
They told me the same - it's been 5 weeks now and still no letter...

Have you tried to call the lending department directly?

Message 9 of 93
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I called csr again today who contacted underwriters and all they said was a letter will be sent, wouldn't tell me the contents, but since she couldn't locate me it is clearly a denial. I would just like to know why I got declined that's all. I don't understand why they coldnt tell me over phone it's been 5 weeks already.
Message 10 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.