Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going for AMEX 3x CLI

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Going for AMEX 3x CLI

My AMEX balances were high, but I paid them off completely leaving a $0 balance. I have several other cards with a $0 balance as well and one with a super high balance - which I'm working on.

I want to go for the 3x CLI that I'm eligible for, but only EX has updated my balances and I have no idea when my last SP was. 

No baddies.

EX score: 698

Do they SP upon CLI request on EX only?

Will they see the balance update to $0?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Going for AMEX 3x CLI

I believe they do SP on EX only.  If I know my score would be going up, I would wait until AMEX displays your new SP score otherwise they may  base your CLI request based on your last SP.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a 3x increase yesterday with a balance of $1k. Went from 3k to 9k

Message 3 of 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Amex almost always exclusively uses Experian.

I agree with waiting until the next softpull if your scores are going to increase a decent amount. The catch here is that once the softpull updates, you still should wait 3 weeks after before asking. Amex is known for a 2-3 week lag before they will use the lastest softpull for any credit decisions.

I’ve seen posts where someone had their softpull updated and immediately app’d for a new card or CLI and Amex used the last softpull they had. The person would call recon and tell Amex that and they would want a HP even though they had a more recent SP

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 5
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Would it be safe to say that the EX FICO score on their site is probably from their SP that they "randomly" do?

If thats the case, then I'll wait for my score on their site to update and then apply for the 3x CLI.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.