cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to spend more, should I apply for another credit card I dont need for SUB?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to spend more, should I apply for another credit card I dont need for SUB?

So right now, I am getting married and applied for the CSP(met bonus 60K) and then applied for AMEX Plat(met bonus 125k) and we still have another $3k or $4k to go. However, my score has gone from 785 to 760 ish across the board. Some has to do with Synchrony cancelling Paypal($10k) Amazon Store(10k) Lowes($25k) and Old Navy(10k.) I want to buy a house and I would apply alone for the mortgage at that time(6-8months), I do not want to risk my score going any lower. I have paid off the cards already that I have just recently got and received the bonuses for. The main reason my score is where it is Utilization, if I added another card with a solid SL this would definitely help with that. 

I was looking at chase Hilton or Chase Bonvoy but I hardly stay at those hotes. 

What ever card I get I would like to sock drawer it after the bonus or use it. My spending is minimal, I am just a normal person who goes on just a few vacations a year and doesnt drive a whole lot. Doesnt need a lot of groceries, I just want that SUB if I am going to spend enough to get it. 

I currently have:

Amex Plat

Citi Costco 19,600

Citi Simplicity 5,400

Discover 9,800/8,500 used 0% APR

Chase Sapphire Pref 19,700

Chase Freedom 9,800/

Capitol One World 15,000

Cap One Quick 1,000

BofA BankAmericaCard 25,000/19,087 used 0% APR

Paypal 10,000 CLOSED recently

Amazon Store Card 10,000 CLOSED recently

Lowes 25,000 CLOSED recently 

OLD Navy 10,000 CLOSED recently

4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Going to spend more, should I apply for another credit card I dont need for SUB?

Message 2 of 5
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Going to spend more, should I apply for another credit card I dont need for SUB?

If you're going to apply for a mortgage in the next 6-8 months, I wouldn't apply for any more credit cards until after it's closed.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ this. You got two good ones, got the SUBS, and paid them off. Use them instead. No more apps until your mortgage is funded and keys are in hand.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and it was related to the post I had before. Appreciate all your time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.