Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone as Far As I Can Go This Year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gone as Far As I Can Go This Year

Well, I added over $30,000 in lines this month.  The only two cards I still want is a Diner's Club and an Amex Revolver.  To get them I think I need to garden for a year and have the inquiries come off.  I have decided though I need to swear off visiting this board to avoid the temptation to app.  I may drop in every once in a while but I really need to take a break.  I will say these discussions have been helpful and I love how this community is willing to help folks get their credit lives back on track.  Thanks to everyone for the advice and help over the last six months.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Gone as Far As I Can Go This Year

Congrats on the new lines!

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id go ahead and at least try to apply for Diners now and then garden.

Amex revolver I would hit in Jan. since you are cardholder if you get it it will backdate furtherest and if you don't get it won't be a hp.

Message 3 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I added over $30,000 in lines this month.  The only two cards I still want is a Diner's Club and an Amex Revolver.  To get them I think I need to garden for a year and have the inquiries come off.  I have decided though I need to swear off visiting this board to avoid the temptation to app.  I may drop in every once in a while but I really need to take a break.  I will say these discussions have been helpful and I love how this community is willing to help folks get their credit lives back on track.  Thanks to everyone for the advice and help over the last six months.

Congrats. Yes I will join you in garden for sure. 

Robot Mad

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'ed for Diner's and was denied.

Message 5 of 13
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Amex revolver I would hit in Jan. since you are cardholder if you get it it will backdate furtherest and if you don't get it won't be a hp.

So if you have an AMEX card already and get denied for diff AMEX card it's an SP?

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

So if you have an AMEX card already and get denied for diff AMEX card it's an SP?

as long as it's american express bank not a co-branded card like fidelity or something which is FIA/Bank of America.

Message 7 of 13
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

as long as it's american express bank not a co-branded card like fidelity or something which is FIA/Bank of America.

hmmm and if you get approved, then they do the HP?? haha

do you know if the Starwood AMEX is part of american express bank?

Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

oh yes... sorry if you are on americanexpress.com all those cards will be amex.

Message 9 of 13
xtdefy
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xtdefy wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

oh yes... sorry if you are on americanexpress.com all those cards will be amex.

ok cool... hmmm so tempting!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.