cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good card w likely approval recommendations?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Good card w likely approval recommendations?

Thank you for the perspective. You may well be right about not applying for cards unless you need them, but based on information in my CR and from others on this forum, having multiple revolving accounts can build credit and show responsible usage, and I only have 1 revolving card and a retail card in my name.

But I also have student loan debt that just entered repayment and so has a balence quite close to the principle, would that account for the lower score?

Message 11 of 12
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Good card w likely approval recommendations?

@Anonymouswrote:

Thank you for the perspective. You may well be right about not applying for cards unless you need them, but based on information in my CR and from others on this forum, having multiple revolving accounts can build credit and show responsible usage, and I only have 1 revolving card and a retail card in my name.

But I also have student loan debt that just entered repayment and so has a balence quite close to the principle, would that account for the lower score?

if you are talking to me then I never said that.  what I said is know what the card is before you get it.  getting cards just to increase scores is one way to do it, just not my way + your au cards already do that trick.  if you have amex approvals on their site then you have my blessing, the ed and bce are teriffic little cards.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.