cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Amex Platinum 60k offer from my Amex login page - Need advice before I apply it

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got Amex Platinum 60k offer from my Amex login page - Need advice before I apply it

I had PRG offer 25k last week but was gone and today I received Platinum 60k offer.

It was on my Amex "offers and benefit "section when I log in into my Amex ED.

But this is my only 2nd Statement for my Amex ED, so Im confused.

Is this pre-approval offer? How solid is this offer based on your experince in the past? will be SP or HP consider I just approved ED 60 days ago?

I was considering to apply and go for it but I like to hear some advice from other members first. Thank you so much.

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.21.15 AM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Got Amex Platinum 60k offer from my Amex login page - Need advice before I apply it

75K offers have been coming up recently for a number of people, try prequalifying with a browser session in incognito mode and see if you get one.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got Amex Platinum 60k offer from my Amex login page - Need advice before I apply it

I think thats like a standard welcoming bonus. Ive seen that on mine since ive had my Amex's since Feb. Its ok though, im not gonna pay $550 for a card that doesnt benefit meSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got in with AMEX with the Green Card. When I go to the prequalify site with an incognito window, I get a message asking me to log into my account after submitting the prequal info. Upon login, I get a new window with the Blue Cash Everyday, the Delta Skymiles and the Platinum with 60K bonus offer. It doesn't say anything about these being prequalified offers, but if I click the other tabs, eg. rewards cards, travel, cash back. these three consistantly show up. I'm thinking that equates to an offer, just not sure.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have BCE, Delta Skymiles Gold, AU on Hilton Honors and my wife's Delta Skymiles Gold...when I log in the Platinum is the first to come up, but I don't look at the offer because there's no earthly way I can justify that AF. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want that 75k offer. I tried pre-qualify Amex site, It keep asking me to log in after I put all my info like other member mentioned above. I tried with incognito mode Google crome and Private mode on safari but still keep asking me to log in.

I travel alot so I can take advantage 2 times x $200 airline (buying AA gift card) = $400 and my $100 global entry renewal coming soon this November. Pretty much that all will cover the $550 AF. Plus still have $200 uber credit + Centurion Lounge Access + Priority Pass membership +.......

But is the offer usually Solid for approval? Anyone have experince apply for it based on offer from your Amex account page?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a solid card, ans since you travel quite a bit, with the lounges alone, the PLAT will pay for itself.

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Haven't seen any offers like yours as of yet. I've only had my Amex Delta Gold for about 1 month. Once I get any type of charge card offer I'm going for it.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I want that 75k offer. I tried pre-qualify Amex site, It keep asking me to log in after I put all my info like other member mentioned above. I tried with incognito mode Google crome and Private mode on safari but still keep asking me to log in.

I travel alot so I can take advantage 2 times x $200 airline (buying AA gift card) = $400 and my $100 global entry renewal coming soon this November. Pretty much that all will cover the $550 AF. Plus still have $200 uber credit + Centurion Lounge Access + Priority Pass membership +.......

But is the offer usually Solid for approval? Anyone have experince apply for it based on offer from your Amex account page?

You can get the card without the points and without the fee if you apply for the Ameriprise version.  That is probably what I will do.  550 dollars for 60k points doesn't seem like a good deal to me.  You still get the 400 dollars plust the global entry and uber credit. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not even think about applying for this card for anything less than the 100k MR sign up bonus, especially now that they cranked the AF up to $550. I got in for 100k on the old $450 AF and am keeping it at least until I can get a Sapphire Reserve because 1 big trip per year makes it worth paying for, and for sanity sake I need to be taking a vacation at least that often.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.