cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got Preapproved for Petal...Worth a shot??

tag
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Got Preapproved for Petal...Worth a shot??

I read some good things about Petal as well as seeing advertisement on TV for the past few months. Decided to check the prequal just for fun since I'm working on getting my scores back up this year. Surprisingly, it showed that I got preapproved for it. I'm not going to pull the trigger on it yet because I want to stay on track with my 2019 goals on boosting my scores to get the Amex Hilton Honors, a BT card and Savor One, Uber or Paypal Cashback card starting next month. 

So, for those who tried the prequal for the Petal card, how accurate was it for you when you actually applied for it? And also, did you have to wait a certain amount of months to request your first CLI? I feel like the Petal card would be a good card for me to use on my monthly membership subscriptions like Planet Fitness, Amazon, Playstation Plus and a digital piano that I'm going to make monthly payments on soon. Also, I'll be able to close my Chase Slate and move the CL from my QS1 card later on if Cap1 can get that part straighten out. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Got Preapproved for Petal...Worth a shot??

NO

Why  would you add a Tier - 4 card to the mix when you have prime lenders already?

If you don't like / use Slate then PC to Freedom/FU

Don't worry about Cap1

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No......your profile is WAY past Petal. Don’t go backwards.....keep moving forward. 

Message 3 of 7
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No......your profile is WAY past Petal. Don’t go backwards.....keep moving forward. 

I didn't know that Petal was a lower teir card. In that case, I won't worry about it and stick with the other cards I plan to get. Thanks!

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 4 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Pedal on by Petal...... Its not a terrible card, but there are much better usages for a pull..  @FinStar actually has one surprisingly enough...

If it were me id just garden and hold out for something you want.. not something you can just get... 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Updated-Petal-now-a-cash-back-card/td-p/5606844/page/2

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, not sure where all the good reviews of this card come from my humble opinion is i would let the Petal fall, stay the Beast, its much coolerSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely agree with others. Your profile has enough prime cards that you really wouldn't benefit from the Petal unless you really want it for some reason.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.