Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got impatient and applied for Amex Gold Delta

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got impatient and applied for Amex Gold Delta

I applied for the Amex Gold Delta card on Tuesday the 25th and was given a "need more time" notice, i checked the status check site and it was an immediate denial.

I was worried that might be the case because my father added me on to two of his personal cards as an authorized user shooting my available credit up from 10k to 28k which will help with my utilization and score over time but two of the reasons for denial was too high of a credit limit but as well as too many open accounts. 

I called the account services number for reconsideration and explained two of the main accounts were ones i was an AU on and that the two accounts i personally hold have 100% on time payments. She told me she would take down those points as notes and send them on for human reconsideration. On Wednesday the 26th, the status check changed from "Declined" to "In Progress" but i haven't heard anything yet. They pulled my credit report again Wednesday morning so it's interesting they pulled it and didn't immediately made a decision.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Got impatient and applied for Amex Gold Delta

I would definitely reach out to app status and ask if there is anything else needed. Sometimes, they might need additional verification.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought about calling back but didn’t want them to take me as being desperate. You think I should just call back with the classic “I just wanted to see if there was anything I can do to assist in the process”?
Message 3 of 7
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

If you call back you should use the language "I'm calling to follow up on the status of.....". After you say a quick line, zip it. Get to the point. Let them answer and don't talk to much. If you talk too much you could talk yourself right out of it.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was worried about. It’s showing “In Progress” as of this morning so I’ll give a call in a few minutes. Hopefully someone is there since it’s Sunday.
Message 5 of 7
charp150
Valued Member

You can call for a status check as often as you'd like without any fear of consequence. With AMEX you aren't talking directly with the credit analysts just a regular CSR (likely oversees) who is reading to you from a script.

It sounds like there is something in your profile AMEX doesn't like and stories of recon success are rare with AMEX. You might try a charge card first as an entry point.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this? I have the same issue with my Delta app. App status has been saying “in progress” for a few days now. Not sure if I should call in or just let it ride a little while longer.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.