Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta Love Comenity...

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Gotta Love Comenity...

@Sarge12 - “I have always been led to believe credit decisions at Comenity involve a dart board with each section being what the decision will be. If the one making the decision is better at darts, your odds increase.”

I guess they missed the dartboard and hit the wall, so they reported accordingly 😆

Message 11 of 29
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

No hitting the board for some of us. Same as PC chances with a QS1

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 12 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ok Sarge, so long as its humans playing darts because we all know and understand that only at Discover do monkeys play with and throw darts and thats to determine who gets a cli and whenSmiley Wink

If that is true....my dart throwing monkey there sucks...bigtime!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 13 of 29
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@NaaryalHead wrote:

No hitting the board for some of us. Same as PC chances with a QS1

This is too cute 😂🤣

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 29
Ms6Footer
Contributor

I had the same thing on my Brylane card this week. I called and was told I need to submit a secured message through the cc website to ask get further help. 3 days later.... still waiting to hear back. You are not alone. I can’t get an increase on this card to save my life. It’s a year old and never once. My Lane Bryant and Woman Within get them.
Message 15 of 29
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Comenity is a bizarre little animal. No CLI for you, but then they'll approve you for 6 more cards the same day... Then blue envelope half of them 2 months later.

Message 16 of 29
Ms6Footer
Contributor

So this morning I got back a response to my secured message and they filled in random reasons. #1 was I don’t have a mortgage!! 2. Delinquent account. Not true. And age of account. The account is a year old. I’m considering closing it because for a $500 limit it’s too hard to manage to make sure i order something small every few months just to keep active. But not sure how closing it will effect anything.
Message 17 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh come on! All you need to do is go app a mortgage , take on on 100k plus debt so you can get a $500 cc cli. Simple and easy.well worth it imo.

😄
Message 18 of 29
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Sounds like a well played plan. LOL. They can keep the CLI it’s not even worth my energy anymore. I’m over it with Comenity. I just need my Lane Bryant card and that’s only for the discounts.
Message 19 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah , gotta be careful with store cards, theyve got me in trouble more than once and am seriously thinking of closing some. Im about to embark on a 0/24 journey and throwing away hps for nothing in return has me second guessing alot of my profile. My Zales $9250 might be first to goSmiley Wink
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.