Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta Love Comenity...

tag
Ms6Footer
Contributor

Re: Gotta Love Comenity...

I started my journey like much of us w a SCT for padding but at this point $500 isn’t making a difference for me. I don’t want the store to close it, isn’t it better is we close them?
Message 21 of 29
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah , gotta be careful with store cards, theyve got me in trouble more than once and am seriously thinking of closing some. Im about to embark on a 0/24 journey and throwing away hps for nothing in return has me second guessing alot of my profile. My Zales $9250 might be first to goSmiley Wink

I loaded up on store cards when I was new to credit back in the 90's and then burned them along with Citi. (Thankfully I DID pay Great Western off, or Chase would probably still have me on some blacklist!) The one store card I have now (Buckle) hasn't been used in over a year, but I've left it open as it's my oldest account. I've tried to shy away from store cards because of what I've learned with the wealth of knowledge here at MyFico. I'd rather my available credit lines be useable anywhere I choose VS. just one store Smiley Happy

Maybe freeing up some space in your credit profile that the store cards are taking up could get you some Discover love?

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing to add other than the blank reasons on the letter had me laughing.... Smiley LOL

Perhaps calling them would allow them to give you the real reasons if you tell them the letter was blank?
Message 23 of 29
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Ms6Footer wrote:
I started my journey like much of us w a SCT for padding but at this point $500 isn’t making a difference for me. I don’t want the store to close it, isn’t it better is we close them?

For FICO purposes it doesn't matter at all, but a lot of people would prefer to have the notation "Closed by consumer" rather than "Close by credit grantor".

Message 24 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I think freeing up store space would help with Citi, Discover not so muchSmiley Wink i actually do have one last app in limbo , yes with Comenity lol, so i just have to wait on the letter. I think it has more to do with my Fraud alerts than anythingSmiley Wink
Message 25 of 29
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I think freeing up store space would help with Citi, Discover not so muchSmiley Wink i actually do have one last app in limbo , yes with Comenity lol, so i just have to wait on the letter. I think it has more to do with my Fraud alerts than anythingSmiley Wink

Thankfully I've yet to deal with any type of financial fraud, aside from the 2 times Chase has caught someone trying to use FU and CSP. It sucks that the dishonest make things difficult for everyone that's trying to do things the right way.

Good luck on your last Comenity app! You never know with those guys Smiley Tongue

Message 26 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks! Ive only had one or two real instances of fraud on my cards so far. Once when i opened my Sams card some idiot in Cali went shopping for junk food lol ( to this day i still feel it was from someone inside Sams who took my app. The other was with Disco but they notified me my card may have been part of a breach. I keep on Fraud alerts for my liking and as additional security as our info is out there, thanks EquihackSmiley Sad.

Most likely i will have to call and verify i applied. If its a denial oh well last one foe dos añosSmiley Wink
Message 27 of 29
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Thanks! Ive only had one or two real instances of fraud on my cards so far. Once when i opened my Sams card some idiot in Cali went shopping for junk food lol ( to this day i still feel it was from someone inside Sams who took my app. The other was with Disco but they notified me my card may have been part of a breach. I keep on Fraud alerts for my liking and as additional security as our info is out there, thanks EquihackSmiley Sad.

Most likely i will have to call and verify i applied. If its a denial oh well last one foe dos añosSmiley Wink

It wasn't me, I promise! Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Yeah... Of all the CRA's EQ seems to be the worst out there. (but strangely enough, my highest score ATM since almost EVERYONE pulls EX on me for any kind of app! Smiley Mad ) I've never pulled reports from any of the minor league CRA's so I've no clue what's on them, but they don't seem to be causing me any issues.  Disco and Cap One send me an email every month saying that they didn't find me in the "dark web", so I figure they're kind of keeping an eye on things. I may sooner or later actually ante up for some kind of credit monitoring just to play it safe, but nothing seems to be bullet proof.

I'm not planning on apping for another 18 months, so see you in the garden my friend!

Message 28 of 29
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Ok Sarge, so long as its humans playing darts because we all know and understand that only at Discover do monkeys play with and throw darts and thats to determine who gets a cli and whenSmiley Wink

If that is the case then my Discover monkey is pretty smart with a 90-95% accuracy. Also my Comenity monkey is a bloody genious because they are at 100% on their requests.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.