Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grade my recon message to NFCU?

tag
bobbigirl83
Established Member

Grade my recon message to NFCU?

I recently became a member of NFCU but was admittedly a bit bummed to receive an initial credit limit of $500 on the Cash Rewards card. I know this can grow, so I am still happy to be approved. I still thought I'd give recon a shot and sent the below message. Did I do okay? How could I have done better? I've never done a single recon before so I have no idea what I'm doing.

Greetings, NFCU!

I am a new member who recently applied for both the Cash Rewards and Go Rewards credit cards. I was approved for the Cash Rewards with an initial credit limit of $500 and was just declined for the Go Rewards. My goal in having a credit card with NFCU is to build a strong relationship using a mix of banking and credit products. In the future I am hoping to utulize that strong relationship for auto loans, etc. I want to do everything I can, from day one, to prove to NFCU that I am a worthy investment.

Having said that, I am writing to ask if there is anything I can do to receive a higher credit limit on the Cash Rewards card. Is this a possibility? If you review my credit report, you will see that there are no charge offs, no collections, and no late payments reflected at all. I am also happy to provide proof of income by way of pay stubs or W2.

Please know that I am grateful for the opportunity to do business with NFCU and will still be using the card even if the limit stays at $500. NFCU is my new banking home.

Thank you for your consideration!

March 2018: EX 677 -> 696 -> 691/ TU 694 -> 703 -> 712/ EQ 650 -> 684 -> 691

GROW LITTLE SCORES, GROW!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Grade my recon message to NFCU?

Looks goos to me. It could be a toss up though if they want to stick to their original sl. Best of luck. With a good income, you should be golden in future, with a low income you could live the AJC way, all 13k of it hahaSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word from NFCU?

Message 3 of 4
bobbigirl83
Established Member

Sadly it was a no-go Smiley Sad

I am supposed to be speaking to a member support representative today, so I may bring it up with him. I am wondering if the report they pull lags behind the most updated one at all. I know for a fact I have no derogs any longer, but I received a notice from another lender stating a derog is one of the reasons they couldn't give me a better interest rate. The last derog had been deleted from all of my reports a week or two prior to that app and my NFCU app.

Either way, my foot is in the door. Now I plan on shoving through the rest of the way.

March 2018: EX 677 -> 696 -> 691/ TU 694 -> 703 -> 712/ EQ 650 -> 684 -> 691

GROW LITTLE SCORES, GROW!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.