Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Amex Charge Card Advice?

tag
NYY053
Established Member

Green Amex Charge Card Advice?

I've always wanted a Green Amex Charge Card, Tyring to postion myself for one in the next six months. 

Here are the things I think would hold me back

Chap 7 Discharged in 2012 - (Amex not included)

WFDS Car Loan with several late payments from 7/12 to 10/2015, but since then I've had 3 leases and havne't missed a single payment

First Premier Charge Off  - Currently unpaid, $985 wanting to go ahead and pay this week 

Credit One Charge Off - Settled for less than full in 2015

Comcast collections from Dec 2016 - Paid 

I've had alot of Inquiries

Good Things:

I've had 3 leases w/ no missed payments

I have a 15 month old mortage no lates

I have a Cap One Card $500 limit - I keep a bal under $25 and no late payments (1 Yr Old)

I have a Kohls Charge $300 limits - 0 to $25 Bal no late payments (1 Yr)

I am listed as a AU on my Wife's Amex and there has never been a Late Payment there 0 Bal on $9900 CL

I am listed as a AU on Wife's Chase Card No Lates but we have a 8600 Bal on 8900 CL but we will have that paid off in the next few months 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Green Amex Charge Card Advice?

Others can chime in, but I believe the criteria for getting the Green or Gold card are similar. Big difference would be the annual fee.

I am not sure if AMEX will give you a card given your history but wish you luck. Maybe being an AU will be helpful?

Message 2 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Being an AU on other Amex accounts has zero bearing on primary applicants unfortunately. Supposedly all of the usual suspects in the Amex personal charge card lineup have the same underwriting standards which are generally lower than revolving cards from Amex. OP I'm not sure on this one. The current chargeoff would certainly hurt. Other things in 2015 may still weigh heavily. Do you know your current Experian FICO 08 score? If not, you can get it free once a month from creditscorecard.com which is Discover. I would also check the American Express prequalification website.
Message 3 of 11
NYY053
Established Member

Well, the Credit One Charge Off is coming off! I called today and the rep was gracious enough to kindly remove the trade line from all 3 beareus.

He said that they will notify electronicly but also faxed me a letter while we were on the phone confirming that they have after careful review decided to remove the tradeline.

I'm hoping for a scorebump!

Message 4 of 11
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Just keep working on the report and get your scores up. When items dropped off my report, I got the green Amex and the bce within weeks of each other.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you guys convince these people to remove charge off from your accounts? I have one from care credit that I'm paying off now in collections. It shows care credit charged it off but then the it also shows the collection agency on my report..
Message 6 of 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Check out the rebuilding section. This will let a lot of people with experience regarding collections provide input.

Message 7 of 11
NYY053
Established Member

Well I took the plunge and it was approved!

Message 8 of 11
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@NYY053 wrote:

Well I took the plunge and it was approved!

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

congrats. I just got approved for the PRG a week ago. I'll roll with it for a bit, but PC'ing to the Green card might be an option.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.