Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grrr, Citi Double Cash 7-10 Day Wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrr, Citi Double Cash 7-10 Day Wait

-Average 805 credit score across all three (lowest is 797)
-1 hard inquiry on 1 bureau that is 22 months old
- no negative remarks, no missed payments, I only have a history of 6-9 accounts (3 open) depending on which bureau is checked
- 3 open credit Cards with combined $38,000 available credit with 16% utilization total. Highest use on one card is 24%.
-AAoA is 15 years
- I also have a small mortgage payment with a long term but a good income as well. (Does that factor in?)

I did not get instantly approved and called the inquiry line about 5 hours later. A lady picked up after the automated system and began asking me about other phone numbers (old ones from when I lived with mom and dad). What I didn’t realize at the time is it sounds like she was looking at my credit report and verifying information. Said I would be getting a letter in 7-10 days requesting more info but would not divulge anymore info. I was polite but flustered and expressed that I was expecting an instant approval citing my credit score, hard inquiries, and accounts. I was reminded to just look at the letter when it comes in.

2 days ago one of my credit cards had fraudulent charges (it was caught fast and I found out through a declined card transaction) but I don’t believe that shows on the report. The company has already rectified it and a new card is on the way.

What should I expect?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Grrr, Citi Double Cash 7-10 Day Wait

Don't sweat it, just verification. Citi had me to go through it recently and I'm already a customer. You'll most likely be approved. I guess they want to make sure it's you at the mailing address. Chase is known to do this often. Citi didn't make me wait on a letter. I did have to talk to a UW.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, Citi is good like that. I got a call from the fraud department yesterday. Just making sure it was me who added DW as an AU. You have a great profile; if they approved me they’ll throw money at you. Keep us posted.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 7-10 day = denial is just for Chase.  It isn't the same with other lenders.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they sent a letter asking for various documents. All of which are either e-statements or I may have just burned the paper statement. I contacted them and they said that's fine I could fax the e-statements in. Unfortunantly between reverifying fax numbers and asking if they accepted emailed docs I contacted customer service 3 times yesterday until I figured out the fax machines in the area I'm in just arent sending to their number for some reason. I eventually got the docs faxed yesterday around noon from another location and the confirmation sheet said they sent fine.

Today I called to confirm receipt and they said the docs are not in the system yet. Grrr, so frustrating, ecspecially since my only other primary card I use had a fraud alert over a week ago and i still don't have a new card. I want to put my monthly bills on a Cash Back card Smiley Mad

I wonder if they have a phone call record on my application because I felt the 3 calls yesterday was a little much Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 10
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

I can empathize.  Because there's bad data somewhere in someone's ID verification system, I have to call a certain issuer to effect a balance transfer.  Can't use the online system because the ID verification system won't let me in.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Public-Information-User-Validation-from-Hades/...

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds a bit frustrating 

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Actually, ABCD, if you get a 7-10 from Sync thats usually a denial as wellSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lady told me on the other end two different times that my documents were not qualifying for verification although I was told they were before I sent them. I challenged both comments and she came back and said she was able to verify my information and I have a starting limit of $5400.
Message 9 of 10
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

Congrats!

(Side rant.  I love those numbers.  5400. 8500.  6200.  My favorite: 6010 (I actually experienced this, and asked them to lop off the 10.)  I now ask them to round down to the nearest thousand.)

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.