Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate this wait game with Chase Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hate this wait game with Chase Amazon

May 17th I apped for Chase Amazon.  I have no clue now if this is applicable to the 5/24 or not. I got the I will let you know. Constantly checking my emails & robo-lady. Reading the boards that sometimes 30 days is good. Sometimes this and that and don't call and speak to the approval dept. 

They pulled 1 report and then a 4-5 days later they pulled another report. 

Iv'e researched the boards finding that I am not the only one that has gone through this ... This is one of those times I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self don't waste the hardpull/s.  Iv'e heard stories where people are declined and get a card in the mail. I hear stories of those approved but then declined.  Then there is the 30day, 2 week, 7-10 days and the back and forth on those. Those that call into the recon have people ask if they are right handed or left handed and other crazy questions from way way back. 

This is just my rant ! Nothing more Nothing less! I don't know the outcome.. at this point they kind of took the joy out of it.  

If I am approved .. I'll stilll feel like that girl that the cute guy didn't ask to the Prom until like the 3rd or 4th girl. Talk about making you feel insecure. I realize that I don't have 700's or 800's (though I see those people put through the ringer also)... its just nerve racking.  

Please no passive aggressive replies .. that would just be cruel. 

I am just putting this out there for others that have felt like me to feel validated in their frustration. 

I empathize with all of your posts on this cobranded Chase Amazon Visa Card and other Chase applications. 

I now understand why their name is Chase .. they like being chased after.  

My Momma gave me the best advice ever when it came to boys... 

she said "Run Away until you Catch em'" 

I think I will apply my Mom's advice to Chase in the future. 

I will just wait for preapprovals and play hard to get. 

Wish all you apper's the best of luck. -

May all of your hard pulls be approvals with good SL's ! 

God Bless. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Hate this wait game with Chase Amazon

Hang in there, mine took a little over 3 weeks to be approved. 

Message 2 of 16
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I always called verification for my Chase app and I was 3/3, but I'm under review now... Haha, hang in there you'll receive a letter with good news! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Certainly can understand the frustration in playing the waiting game, especially when a HP is on the line. Best of luck, and looking.forward to you updating with good news!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 16
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Sending you good thoughts!!!!!! I know what it is like waiting...It drives me crazy!!!!

Message 5 of 16
JamP
Valued Contributor

Hang on is all the advice I can give.

I will repeat what everyone else says, Never talk to person if you call in and let it ride. Most 30 day messages are good.

The wait sucks but the reward is definitley worth it.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hope you get it! We all would like that instant approval, or at least i do haha, but in the end if its meant to be it will be!! Keep your head up high , postive thoughts headed your waySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to wait for 3 weeks as well for the Freedom Unlimited it was forever but it paid off!
Message 8 of 16
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

I think you were one who commented on my "Chase you're such a tease!" Post. It took 18 days for my approval on the Disney card. If you're getting the 30 day Robo-lady, take it as a good sign that you haven't gotten the, "Thanks but no thanks" message in the mail. My first rejection from Chase came swiftly after my application. I'm glad waited, and let me tell you, you'll be just as excited when you call the Robo-lady one day and she tells you that you've been approved! Trust me!
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I am approved .. I'll stilll feel like that girl that the cute guy didn't ask to the Prom until like the 3rd or 4th girl. Talk about making you feel insecure.

If the first, second, or even third girl said no to that "cute guy," he must not have been that cute in the first place.

It's the same with desirable job positions. Sometimes only one position is currently available out of several possible candidates.

If you weren't chosen first or second in that case, you just have to look on the positive side by thinking to yourself that you were qualified enough to be considered for a desirable position -- something that other people would like to have for starters.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.