Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate this wait game with Chase Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hate this wait game with Chase Amazon

FLASHBACK

May 17th I apped for Chase Amazon.  I have no clue now if this is applicable to the 5/24 or not. I got the I will let you know. Constantly checking my emails & robo-lady. Reading the boards that sometimes 30 days is good. Sometimes this and that and don't call and speak to the approval dept. They pulled 1 report and then a 4-5 days later they pulled another report. 

Then on Friday I got the switchover to the dreaded kiss of death still in Review 7-10 days. (Quite honestly I think the 7-10 days just means your just getting something in the mail & that can be good and that can be bad).  Read on and you will see why!  

FASTFORWARDED UPDATE 

I got home today from work.  I checked the mail... thin envelope. Im thinking Uh-Oh and the Da Da Da Dahhhhh gloom notes are playing in my head.  Now I am like cussing like a $2 dollar hooker .. in my case a hooper.  I go ahead and rip the bandaid off (I opened the skinny letter)  It notifies me that I need to call into the Fraud Line to Verify.  

I called in to Chase and recording stating 10 minutes of calls in que. Im sitting on the phone thinking geez I hope they are not just going to taunt me.  I was actually on hold for 15 minutes waiting.  I finally got a very nice rep by the name of Donna.  She verified a few things.. she sent me a text to verify the numbers sent.  Its all good. 

I suppose now this thread maybe have to be moved.... because I was approved !   Not a giant cl but they gave me 2K not as good as my other apps but I am thankful and going to take it.  I then ask if I can change my mind to the Black Card and they transferred me to customer service and they will be sending me the Black Chase Amazon Signature Rewards Card.  

They lived Happily Ever After ! 

Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

FLASHBACK

May 17th I apped for Chase Amazon.  I have no clue now if this is applicable to the 5/24 or not. I got the I will let you know. Constantly checking my emails & robo-lady. Reading the boards that sometimes 30 days is good. Sometimes this and that and don't call and speak to the approval dept. They pulled 1 report and then a 4-5 days later they pulled another report. 

Then on Friday I got the switchover to the dreaded kiss of death still in Review 7-10 days. (Quite honestly I think the 7-10 days just means your just getting something in the mail & that can be good and that can be bad).  Read on and you will see why!  

FASTFORWARDED UPDATE 

I got home today from work.  I checked the mail... thin envelope. Im thinking Uh-Oh and the Da Da Da Dahhhhh gloom notes are playing in my head.  Now I am like cussing like a $2 dollar hooker .. in my case a hooper.  I go ahead and rip the bandaid off (I opened the skinny letter)  It notifies me that I need to call into the Fraud Line to Verify.  

I called in to Chase and recording stating 10 minutes of calls in que. Im sitting on the phone thinking geez I hope they are not just going to taunt me.  I was actually on hold for 15 minutes waiting.  I finally got a very nice rep by the name of Donna.  She verified a few things.. she sent me a text to verify the numbers sent.  Its all good. 

I suppose now this thread maybe have to be moved.... because I was approved !   Not a giant cl but they gave me 2K not as good as my other apps but I am thankful and going to take it.  I then ask if I can change my mind to the Black Card and they transferred me to customer service and they will be sending me the Black Chase Amazon Signature Rewards Card.  

They lived Happily Ever After ! 

Congrats on the approval!  Yet another example of how waiting can really pay off with Chase!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice!  I know the waiting sucked but it seems to have paid off.  Congrats on your approval!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Very nice!  I know the waiting sucked but it seems to have paid off.  Congrats on your approval!

Thank you ! 

I just received it in the mail today.  I changed my card choice from the Blue o the Black.  I set up the email/text notifications.  Did the ApplePay and added the Chase app to my cell phone.  I guess this Chase Card is all mine ... woohoo! 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that 2k. Be patient, Chase will warm up to you and you'll see bigger SL down the road.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.