cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Cap One, 670-698 TU 711 EX Scores easiest cards to get? Amex? Branded?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have Cap One, 670-698 TU 711 EX Scores easiest cards to get? Amex? Branded?

Hello Group:

I have several Cap One cards, QS Venture, Platinum, looking to expand my cards and build my credit.

Credit Karma Lists my TU at 671, but I applied for a small Business loan they said my TU was 698. Experian is at 711.

I was looking at Amex Everyday, Chase Freedom, Citi Double Rewards were recommended.

Chase Freedom, denied, the card when my score was 630. They said to try again, I paid down some cards, so score is up. 

I was also told branded cards were easier?  

Any feedback? I hate inquiries without an approval. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Have Cap One, 670-698 TU 711 EX Scores easiest cards to get? Amex? Branded?

Lol, I got good scores and I still get hps for nothing, go figureSmiley Wink. (It drives me nuts too)

In essence I dont like to say any card is easy because any one factor could throw out your chances for it on any given day. Sure you can increase your odds but dont fo for cards for their ease but for their usefulness .

A 711 is a good score for Amex but remember scores arent everything. You might check out credit pull database to give you an idea what people are being approved for and with what scores.

Diversifying is good . Best of luck Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, I really just want a boost! Smiley LOL

I am researching,  who uses Experian, it looks like Amex seems to use them the most?

That may be my best bet!

Paul

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums.

The first thing you need to do is get your genuine FICO 8 scores.  The scores provided by Credit Karma are Vantage Score 3.0 and I don't know any credit card issuer who uses Vantage Score to make lending decisions.  That's the reason your score was different when you applied for a loan.

There are several ways to get your FICO 8 scores but the easiest to me is to sign up for the $1 ten-day trial from CreditCheckTotal.com.  This will give you your current FICO 8 scores from the three major credit bureaus.  Just be sure to call them and cancel before the trial period expires or you'll be charged the full monthly fee.

Once you get those FICO 8 scores you'll be in a better position to know which cards to apply for.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Group:

I have several Cap One cards, QS Venture, Platinum, looking to expand my cards and build my credit.

Credit Karma Lists my TU at 671, but I applied for a small Business loan they said my TU was 698. Experian is at 711.

I was looking at Amex Everyday, Chase Freedom, Citi Double Rewards were recommended.

Chase Freedom, denied, the card when my score was 630. They said to try again, I paid down some cards, so score is up. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Group:

What is your AAoA?  AoOA? Overall Utilization?  Individual Card Utilization?  Any derogs?  Any installment loans?  If so, what are/were the beginning balances and what are the current balances?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your AAoA?  AoOA? Overall Utilization?  Individual Card Utilization?  Any derogs?  Any installment loans?  If so, what are/were the beginning balances and what are the current balances?

Some cards have zero balances, average credit utilization about 44 percent. No Derogs. No installment loans all credit cards. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info thx. My Experian is 711, Directly from Experian, Credit Karma only does TU, EQ

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but you still don't know your true FICO 8 scores for Equifax and TransUnion.  And it turns out that Experian and TransUnion are the two more frequently pulled credit reports especially by banks like Chase who often pull both in tandem.

@Anonymous wrote:

Great info thx. My Experian is 711, Directly from Experian, Credit Karma only does TU, EQ

Message 8 of 9
aspenius
Established Member

I just recently did an app spree, after gardening for a couple of years with one Cap1 Plat, and a few installment loans.  I've been approved for 4 out the 5 apps, so far with one pending.  I agree with the others, one is not easier to get one card more than another.  My strategy has been studying the forums re: approvals and denials.  With that data, if the option is available, I do the prequalifier, and if that is successful, apply.  I only apply to cards I am willing to hold onto for a while, regardless of the outcome.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.