Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping my fiance apply for some cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helping my fiance apply for some cards

My fiance is an AU on multiple of my cards right now, but does not have any under her name as the account holder.

As a result of this, I did run all 3 FICO's recently and her scores were all around the 750's. So this has clearly helped so far as she had 0 credit over a year ago and it has all backdated on her reports to when I opened them.

I am just a little worried about her applying as her income is much lower than mine.

She makes $10-$12k per year, with me making more than 4X what she does.

Could I include my income in her application as we share a bank account together and pool together our money?

I just don't want her income to kill her starting credit limit as she would be using it to travel running some larger charges through it.

Furthermore, do banks/FICO even care about if you're an AU on a card over the account holder?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Helping my fiance apply for some cards

@Anonymous wrote:

My fiance is an AU on multiple of my cards right now, but does not have any under her name as the account holder.

As a result of this, I did run all 3 FICO's recently and her scores were all around the 750's. So this has clearly helped so far as she had 0 credit over a year ago and it has all backdated on her reports to when I opened them.

I am just a little worried about her applying as her income is much lower than mine.

Could I include my income in her application as we share a bank account together and pool together our money?

I just don't want her income to kill her starting credit limit as she would be using it to travel running some larger charges through it.

Furthermore, do banks/FICO even care about if you're an AU on a card over the account holder?

If she is 21 or older then yes she can absolutely include your income. That's considered household income, and most lenders allow any income that we have reasonable access to, but only for those 21 and older. Have her check out some pre-quals (Capital One and Chase). She would have a good chance with Discover as well.

Message 2 of 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since y'all share bank accounts and have access to each other's income, you can add your income to her's on the apps.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might want to be careful because some lenders do not look at AU accounts on credit reports so if she doesnt have any accounts of her own than you might want to stay away from lenders that dont look at AU accounts....

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yes adding here income should be done in this situation. I'd imagine it would only help, unless there is an issue like mentioned in the post above.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.