Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Aspire - PreApproved but low income

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton Aspire - PreApproved but low income

Hey everyone,

First time poster here, I follow a lot of forums but haven't ever utilized myFico so I was wondering what you all were thinking about this.

I'm currently preapproved for Amex Hilton Aspire card, but I have a low income (under 40k), I'm 100% honest on my applications so I am not going to make my income larger than it really is. I also have a relatively new credit history. The cards I currently have, Amex Gold, Hilton Honors, Capitol One Secured.

I am wondering if any of you have luck with succesfully getting approved for a premium card (like Platinum, Reserve, Aspire, etc) with a low income, or if you suggest not applying for this one. I start my new job this summer (graduating in May) so I won't have an issue with paying the annual fee or anything, it's just worried about whether the preapproval really will mean approval with my stated income.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton Aspire - PreApproved but low income

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

First time poster here, I follow a lot of forums but haven't ever utilized myFico so I was wondering what you all were thinking about this.

I'm currently preapproved for Amex Hilton Aspire card, but I have a low income (under 40k), I'm 100% honest on my applications so I am not going to make my income larger than it really is. I also have a relatively new credit history. The cards I currently have, Amex Gold, Hilton Honors, Capitol One Secured.

I am wondering if any of you have luck with succesfully getting approved for a premium card (like Platinum, Reserve, Aspire, etc) with a low income, or if you suggest not applying for this one. I start my new job this summer (graduating in May) so I won't have an issue with paying the annual fee or anything, it's just worried about whether the preapproval really will mean approval with my stated income.

Thanks!

Since you're already an AMEX customer and have the preapproval, then they're aware of your current spending patterns, income and FICO 08 score.  The question is if you will be able to reap positive expected value by adding this card to your portfolio.  Which Hilton Honors card do you currently have? The Aspire card is great for 14x back on Hilton purchases and 7x for travel but is not necessarily as good a daily driver as the other 2 cards that have multipliers for groceries, etc.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1!

I don’t think a low income matters much but just be prepared to get a possible 1k SL. If you are pre approved, I’m prettt sure you would get approved.

The Aspire is more so a “Perks” card. I wouldn’t recommend putting any spend other than Hilton stays and restaurant spend on this card. To add, I would only put restaurant spend on here if you don’t have a card like the Gold, Prestige etc. that could give you a better value than 7 Hilton points per dollar. I value Hilton points at .06 cents a point.

I just upgraded my no fee Hilton to this card since I got the 150k upgrade offer. After I get the SUB, I will then only use the Aspire for Hilton stays going forward.

With that being said, it’s a great card that easily offsets the 450$ annual fee with multiple 250$ credits and the annual free weekend night.

Message 3 of 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Amex already has your info, so a preapproval would be fairly solid. If the card is a good fit for you, go for it.  Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.