FICO 8 scores 02/2020
EX-773
EQ-773
TU-751
Message 11 of 17
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Hilton Honors Surpass minimum income

I'll also point out, based on your sig. That you have several cards with decent limits for you stated income, Amex also takes that into considerationm. Not just accounts with them.

I have to say that your doing pretty good getting the BoA Premium Rewards on such a  limited Income, I was under the impression it's tough one to get. Or maybe thinking of a differnt card.

Also seems that all but one of your card have AF's, and most people with limited income don't generally go that route.

Message 12 of 17
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Janus wrote:

I'll also point out, based on your sig. That you have several cards with decent limits for you stated income, Amex also takes that into considerationm. Not just accounts with them.

I have to say that your doing pretty good getting the BoA Premium Rewards on such a  limited Income, I was under the impression it's tough one to get. Or maybe thinking of a differnt card.

Also seems that all but one of your card have AF's, and most people with limited income don't generally go that route.

The PR definitely throws me for a loop too. I was under the same impression about it

Message 13 of 17
Highlighted
Contributor

I think that's because on several applications I did, I put $0 for mortgage/rent (even though I still have to pay for maintenance fee), so their system must calculate mortage divided per income, it finds 0% so it approves me. But for Hilton Honors, it didn't ask for mortgage.

FICO 8 scores 02/2020
EX-773
EQ-773
TU-751
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I will say owning a condo in itself is a significant asset that most lenders would take into account. Having your rent/mortgage at $0 also gives you a lot of spending room even with the low income. But all lenders have different requirements on who they extend credit too and different requirements for different products. It just might be they only care about income for this specific card because their data tells them that this income level isn't sufficient or worth lending too. Your debt level and overall credit might be considered here too. But I guess you will find out soon. It might not even be income related. But if it is you can always call and explain that you have a large asset that u want to be considered for your ability to repay and your $0 rent/mortgage. That could possibly change minds. But I really don't know, sorry u got denied.

Experian Fico 8 starting score - 530 (Feb 19)
Current score - 675(as of April 2020)
Goal score - 700s across the board by the end of this year
Chase card (AU) - $3,000
Missionlane - $1,100
Quicksilverone - $500
CFNA Firestone - $900
Discover it - $2,000
2 installments 92% paid
20% utilization
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted
Contributor

I received their letter, it says "The amount of your annual income and/or financial asstes known to us is insufficient in relation to the credit you've applied for and your overall debt obligations as reflected in our recors and on your credit report"

FICO 8 scores 02/2020
EX-773
EQ-773
TU-751
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@villemiami wrote:

I received their letter, it says "The amount of your annual income and/or financial asstes known to us is insufficient in relation to the credit you've applied for and your overall debt obligations as reflected in our recors and on your credit report"

That essentially confirms what @K-in-Boston said then - with the amount that Amex has already given you relative to income, they're not comfortable going further. 

You can call to recon, and maybe ask if they'd open the card by taking some of the limit from your existing card and using that to fund the limit for the Surpass. It seems though that the $5400 already extended is a hard limit to the dollar value they'll allow.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | PenFed PCR | IT Cash | IT Chrome | GHSFCU Visa Plat | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Sams MC | Firestone | Overstock | Kohl’s | 2017 Audi A6 Prestige S-Line

TCL $85,100| Agg. Util under 5%
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.