cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot denial after jumping through many hoops!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot denial after jumping through many hoops!

Received a Home Depot Preselected to apply..not approved.  Decided to try anyway on a whim.  Applied online,given a code to call in..called in.  Asked many  verification quesitions and how much of a credit limit I wanted, transferred to another person.  Asked more verification questions and reverified income and housing situatuation, transferred to another person. Asked to verify more information and sent a code to my phone to read back, once again asked more questions going over the same information...sent to ANOTHER person to go over same information again, put on hold for a full 5 minutes only to be told NO.  SOOO complete denial afer mulitiple verifications. Frustrating.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot denial after jumping through many hoops!

Sorry this happened to you.  Being put through all the hoops and then denied is ridiculous.  Maybe you can get reconsideration.  I don't know much about the issuer of Home Depot so I would read as much as you can in these forums to  see what you next step might be.  You might also try Lowes, it may be easier to get.

Good luck to you in your efforts.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for what happened.  Since you took an hp for this.  I would call Citi:  859-283-3759.  She is a very nice woman.  Ask her if they can recon it since you did jump through all of those hoops.  Even if get a smaller limit, your foot is in the door with Citi & HD.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks! Sorry that happened to you! I wish that they would just deny you and get it over with. I rather be instant denied, than to go through all that mess, only to be told....sorry we don't want you. What a waste of time!!
Message 4 of 7
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

How much did you ask for?  Citi is a tough nut to crack.   I somehow got the HD card  early in my rebuild process and got CLI's without a problem except for the HP; however I cannot get a regular CC from them despite being in with major lenders including Discover, BOA, Chase, et al.  They have a prequal on their website; you might want to try this and if approved, take what they offer and build from there.  It really sounds like they were trying to approve you.

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the denial. That summary of the process you went through sounds crazy.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Ive never had a fail when they would text verify, let alone twice.  Sorry

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.