cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot credit card 5-7 day decision?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home depot credit card 5-7 day decision?

Hi, My wife applied for a Home Depot card and was told to call the number. She did and the representative asked what kind of credit line she's looking for and told him $10k. The representative said it'll be 5-7 business days until she gets her decision. Is this normal, should she call a different number? Her score is like 790ish and has no baddies. Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Home depot credit card 5-7 day decision?

I’d almost say denial, but it could be pending verification

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's to verify? A denial would be laughable.. Credit is flawless to say the least.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably just the process they use. I can't imagine she will not get the card. Let us know and good luck.

Message 4 of 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Many factors go into the decsion with HD and the card is issued with Citibank. Much will depend on DTI, Income along with the score. They are not overly generous with starting limits (my experience).

Hopefully they will approve her for what she needs!

Message 5 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

What's to verify? Identity.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

We'll just have to wait and see. I'll update when she receives any updates. Thanks for the replies.
Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, I've merged your two identical threads into one.  Please avoid cross-posting; it's confusing to follow and is against our guidelines here.

Thanks,

--UB

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.