cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Synchrony Manage Credit Limit Increases?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: How Does Synchrony Manage Credit Limit Increases?

@lgtwriter wrote:

@Repairman the card is probably not tied to the date of promos but I would request now like @coldfusion says so that you have the limit for a bit before you make a large purchase.

I did the same thing with my B&H photo card. I buy my Apple stuff through them (I have since I was in college lol Smiley Very Happy) and I requested the credit line increase a month before I bought a new MacBook pro.

My B&H photo financing card offers 0% financing for a year. I hope your Google financing card does as wellSmiley Happy

My Google Finanacing card offers an even better deal. 0% Financing for 2 years! I use it for all of my big Google purchases and have had a balance on it paid down every month since I've had it, until it reaches 0 and then I buy new products pretty much a month later. Right now, there is no pament due but I only owe approximately $30 on it, which will be due next month.

Message 11 of 14
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

My husband has a Google acct and was initially approved for $1500. 4 months later he requested a CLI and was bumped to 4k but nothing since. It was a sp. 

Message 12 of 14
Repairman
Established Contributor

@RSX wrote:

they are Soft Pulls

you can basically request any time - some people have got 2 CLIs in 1 day

they are usually generous

unsure about the Google acct 

give it a try - the most they will say is No and it wont affect your score

Thanks to everyone who offered up your great guidance and advice. I just pulled the trigger and am excited to announce that I requested a cli to $6000 and they instantly approved it, effective immediately! Woo hoo!

Message 13 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has provided an update on their CLI request, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.