Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Inquiry Sensitive is BOA?

I was talking to one of their analysts the other day and she didn't seem concerned with my inquiries so I would assume that as long as you are making good stides as far as your credit score goes, it shouldn't be a big deal. 

Message 11 of 33
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I like BoA Alaska Airlines card because the points are flexible. I've been scrambling to make $15k spend on my Virgin Atlantic card too but those points aren't as valuable as Alaska points. It really depends what you're looking for in a card. Better Balance Rewards (BBR) is a good deal for making minimum payment each month you get $25 quarterly bonus.
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
I like BoA Alaska Airlines card because the points are flexible. I've been scrambling to make $15k spend on my Virgin Atlantic card too but those points aren't as valuable as Alaska points. It really depends what you're looking for in a card. Better Balance Rewards (BBR) is a good deal for making minimum payment each month you get $25 quarterly bonus.

I'll take your recommendations into consideration.  One of the things I like best are flexible points -- ones that can be used for cash, gift cards, or travel so maybe the Alaska Airlines would best suit those interests, but I like the idea of making payments and getting rewarded for the behavior so the BBR would be nice too.  If I applied for both, do you think they'd use the same HP? Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please list your AAoA when you applied for BOA- thank you

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

What i would do is wait until the charge off comes off, just a few more months...any inquiries coming off this year as well?

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please list your AAoA when you applied for BOA- thank you

Approximately 2 years across the 3 reports!  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no banking relationship with them, but am interested in beginning one with one of their credit cards (not sure which one yet).

Inquiries:  TU 11, EX 15, EQ 5 (all of them within the last 6 months)

FICO:  TU 727  EX 746  EQ 710

UTIL:  Roughly 8% of 105k open credit (AmEx, Synchrony, Chase, Capital One, Comenity)

NEG:  1 Charge off only on my Equifax report (falling off August 2015)

INCOME:  85k

After going through as many posts as possible, it looks like BOA might be "iffy" when it comes to Inquiries (?)  Are there any other peculiar nuances about this bank that I should know about before even applying with them (or maybe not applying at all)?

I think you will be fine.  I had many inq's across all 3 reports.  9% UT and got approved for 12k.  Got for it!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a little off topic, but OP why don't you call each credit bureau and ask for Early Exclusion of your baddie? If it's only about a month away from falling off, I don't see why they'd have a problem removing it early. I was successful doing this. TU and EX seemed to be the easiest and both removed them within 24-48 hours. EQ was like pulling teeth, but they did end up removing them about a week later.

As far as BOA cards, the Cash Rewards and Better Balance seem like good ones.

**Edit: Nevermind, I re-read your post. Your only baddie is on EQ so it's probably not worth the trouble.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Whenever I see your posts I have to double check it's not one of mine our siggys kinda look alike Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I app'd for the BoA AAA Visa, and was denied.  The denial letter said my credit score (EX) was 708, and the reasons for the denial were my two six year-old COs, and lack of recent installment loan history.

Based on what I've read others report, I feel if I had the installment loan history my app would have been OK. 

This is speculation on my part, but you can use my experience as a data point when comparing notes.  Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.