Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

tag
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

About 8 years ago, I became a charge-off for Chase. Not BK, but just to collections and charged-off.

How long does that burn last with them? I would give anything to have their Amazon Visa - but I have been denied everytime that I have applied with the reason for denial being "Previous experience with their bank". 

How long will this last with them?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

There is life after chargeoff with Chase, but the success stories Ive read here all had to either go the recon route or the repayment route.

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 13
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, @meanmchine. That helps.

However, I don't recon with anyone, and a pay back from so long ago wouldn't be an option that I would want to persue.

So, I guess that I am SOL with Chase - and I thank you for explaining that to me!

There may be life after Chase blacklist, but I already have a great credit life - with an Amazon store card with a $15K limit - so I can live without Chase

Thanks again,, @meanmchine!

Message 3 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

T h I r t e e n  years and counting.  I included them in BK 2005. 

I have just come to terms with not having them😉

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

T h I r t e e n  years and counting.  I included them in BK 2005. 

I have just come to terms with not having them😉

In Jan 2019 I will become 4/24 and I was thinking of apping for the FU card UNTIL I READ THIS POST. I am on their BL too

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I think some have gotten back in with them. I have not tried since early this year with them because besides that I am way beyond the 5/24.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:
I think some have gotten back in with them. I have not tried since early this year with them because besides that I am way beyond the 5/24.

I tried 18 months ago when I apped for the Amazon card.  After recon, the only reson on the final denial letter was "prior relationship" Havnt tried since then. My scores are over 100 points better since then plus I have a clean report now. 

On a side note, I HATE how Chase will double pull your reports even if you are on their BL

Message 7 of 13
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@CGeorge wrote:

@Anonymous, @Meanmchine. That helps.

However, I don't recon with anyone, and a pay back from so long ago wouldn't be an option that I would want to persue.

So, I guess that I am SOL with Chase - and I thank you for explaining that to me!..

I burned Chase in my BK7 in 2007. In 2008, I was able to obtain a WaMu card, which eventually became a Chase card. I lived in fear they would take away the card, but I more than learned my lesson with my BK7. In 2010, they let me convert it to a Chase Freedom.

In 2014, I applied for the Marriott Premier Rewards card. It was automatically declined because my BK was still reporting. I called to reconsider, honestly answered the questions asked of me, and I was approved for a new card. They have never asked me to repay my debt in order to obtain credit from them. 

Since my BK came off my record, Chase has since approved me for CSR and Amazon Prime Rewards, both of which had very generous CLs. 

So, being on the blacklist isn't forever, but reconsideration can go a long way with them. But, as with everyone, ymmv. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CGeorge wrote:

About 8 years ago, I became a charge-off for Chase. Not BK, but just to collections and charged-off.

How long does that burn last with them? I would give anything to have their Amazon Visa - but I have been denied everytime that I have applied with the reason for denial being "Previous experience with their bank". 

How long will this last with them?

Thanks!

I have a couple charge offs with Chase from 2013. Probably another 5 years until I try for any Chase card. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I settled a charged off card with Chase earlier this year. Fast forward to 6 weeks ago I was bored and applied for FU and got instant approval with almost double the limit I had on the previous card. Needless to say I was surprised.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.