cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

About 8 years ago, I became a charge-off for Chase. Not BK, but just to collections and charged-off.

 

How long does that burn last with them? I would give anything to have their Amazon Visa - but I have been denied everytime that I have applied with the reason for denial being "Previous experience with their bank". 

 

How long will this last with them?

 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

There is life after chargeoff with Chase, but the success stories Ive read here all had to either go the recon route or the repayment route.

 

Good luck




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 2 of 13
Regular Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

Thanks, @meanmchine. That helps.

 

However, I don't recon with anyone, and a pay back from so long ago wouldn't be an option that I would want to persue.

 

So, I guess that I am SOL with Chase - and I thank you for explaining that to me!

 

There may be life after Chase blacklist, but I already have a great credit life - with an Amazon store card with a $15K limit - so I can live without Chase

 

Thanks again,, @meanmchine!

 

Message 3 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

T h I r t e e n  years and counting.  I included them in BK 2005. 

 

I have just come to terms with not having them😉

Message 4 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?


@Jnbmom wrote:

T h I r t e e n  years and counting.  I included them in BK 2005. 

 

I have just come to terms with not having them😉


In Jan 2019 I will become 4/24 and I was thinking of apping for the FU card UNTIL I READ THIS POST. I am on their BL too




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 5 of 13
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

I think some have gotten back in with them. I have not tried since early this year with them because besides that I am way beyond the 5/24.
Message 6 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?


@Jnbmom wrote:
I think some have gotten back in with them. I have not tried since early this year with them because besides that I am way beyond the 5/24.

I tried 18 months ago when I apped for the Amazon card.  After recon, the only reson on the final denial letter was "prior relationship" Havnt tried since then. My scores are over 100 points better since then plus I have a clean report now. 

 

On a side note, I HATE how Chase will double pull your reports even if you are on their BL




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 7 of 13
Established Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?


@CGeorge wrote:

@Thanks, @Meanmchine. That helps.

 

However, I don't recon with anyone, and a pay back from so long ago wouldn't be an option that I would want to persue.

 

So, I guess that I am SOL with Chase - and I thank you for explaining that to me!..

 .

 


I burned Chase in my BK7 in 2007. In 2008, I was able to obtain a WaMu card, which eventually became a Chase card. I lived in fear they would take away the card, but I more than learned my lesson with my BK7. In 2010, they let me convert it to a Chase Freedom.

 

In 2014, I applied for the Marriott Premier Rewards card. It was automatically declined because my BK was still reporting. I called to reconsider, honestly answered the questions asked of me, and I was approved for a new card. They have never asked me to repay my debt in order to obtain credit from them. 

 

Since my BK came off my record, Chase has since approved me for CSR and Amazon Prime Rewards, both of which had very generous CLs. 

 

So, being on the blacklist isn't forever, but reconsideration can go a long way with them. But, as with everyone, ymmv. 

Garden Club Member since 01/20/2019
Message 8 of 13
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?


@CGeorge wrote:

About 8 years ago, I became a charge-off for Chase. Not BK, but just to collections and charged-off.

 

How long does that burn last with them? I would give anything to have their Amazon Visa - but I have been denied everytime that I have applied with the reason for denial being "Previous experience with their bank". 

 

How long will this last with them?

 

Thanks!


I have a couple charge offs with Chase from 2013. Probably another 5 years until I try for any Chase card. Smiley Sad






Message 9 of 13
Valued Member

Re: How Long Does Chase Blacklist You?

I settled a charged off card with Chase earlier this year. Fast forward to 6 weeks ago I was bored and applied for FU and got instant approval with almost double the limit I had on the previous card. Needless to say I was surprised.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.