Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How good is Citi prequals?

tag
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

How good is Citi prequals?

Title says it all. Am curious for those that have or have had Citi cards how solid the prequel is.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How good is Citi prequals?

They tend to be fairly solid, but keep in mind that even prequalified offers are not 100% guaranteed.

All things considered, if your profile supports it and is on the optimal level, then you should have a decent chance.
Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@hawkins wrote:
Title says it all. Am curious for those that have or have had Citi cards how solid the prequel is.

I have never pre-qual'd anything Citi, I have tried throughout the years.

I have just cold APP'ed

I now have about $35k in TL with them.

Just sharing My Experience, YEMV

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

pre-app/pre-qual are all the same.  Well, with some exceptions as of late.  I found BBVA/Regions to be the most informative ones that list out the terms of your potential application before submitting to the HP for approval.  

I cold apped pretty much everything in the past 2 years and they've been mostly approvals w/ exceptions like geo-fencing.

If you want a card and it fits your spend then go for it.  The PRE sites / links only really work when the bank you're testing against has you on a pre-bought list of qualifying factors they've screened from the CRA.  

Message 4 of 6
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Citi prequals have been strange. For months, I tried and got nothing. Then a few weeks ago, I tried a few times and got different prequalified cards each time, depending on what I selected for "type of card" I wanted. Once I saw that the Citi Costco card showed up, I went for it and was approved for $8,500.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an pre qual invite for the Citi double cash card & a pre qual for the Citi Costco visa card. From what I have been reading on the forums... if they show you a set apr, then it's pretty much a solid deal. I entered my invite # for the double cash & got instantly approved for $500. Low SL , but it's something. Since I knew I pre qualified for the Costco visa... I applied at the Costco credit blitz they had going. Put my info in & instantly approved for $2k SL.
My FICO 8 scores as of now are: TU 680; Equ: 660; Exp: 679
Hope that helps 🤙🏼
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.