cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get approved for Lowes card after bk7?

tag
bbeaver2013
Contributor

How long to get approved for Lowes card after bk7?

I currently have a bk7 that was discharged in July 2020. Lowes and PayPal was included in my bankruptcy. I just read on here that someone was just approved for a Lowes card a little over 2 years after burning them. I just checked the pre approval for the Lowes card and it came back prior unsatisfactory account. Does anyone have a time frame when I would be able to get a new account with sync bank? My current fico 08 scores are 661 experian, 653 transunion, and 693 equifax. I wish they would pull equifax but i know they use one of the others. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How long to get approved for Lowes card after bk7?

Unfortunately, there isn't a specific timeframe, especially if an account was IIB. On the plus side, you can periodically check the pre-qualification tool without incurring a HP or any score impacts. Some folks have been able to get back in sooner than others, so my advice would be just to keep trying until the doors open up.

SYNCB is also known to pull SageStream (besides TU) in a variety of cases -- just something to keep in mind.

Message 2 of 6
NotRalphKramden
New Contributor

I recently opened a Lowe's card after bankruptcy. Synchrony was burned but not a Lowe's card. There was an Amazon store card and a carpet store card IIB. They stopped reporting to the CRAs at about the 2 year mark. I was able to pre-qual for Lowe's then.

Message 3 of 6
bbeaver2013
Contributor

Ok thanks for the info. I will try back in July that will be 2 years post bk discharged. Hopefully they will let me back in as I just put a offer in on my first home and will need to do some updates. 

Message 4 of 6
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Lowe's (and/or) Synchrony is unpredictable.  For example: My wife and I both qualified and approved for Lowe's (siggy below) during our 3rd or 4th yr into BK 13 plan. Additional context, we both burned Lowe's and quite a few Synchrony cards about $20K worth. The funny part now is that since approval and SL recon I've not been able to get CLI I've been stuck @ $17,000.

Message 5 of 6
yvaldez29

I charged-off Lowes credit card back in 2017 with a $2000.00 balance. In 2018 I settled my debt for a little over half. I applied after that and got denied but just last week I tried my luck again and was approved for $1000 SL. My scores are in the mid 600's. Hope this helps. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.