cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Synchrony cards can you get ?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: How many Synchrony cards can you get ?

Its been said the Sync max exposure for most non Finstarians is about 100k. Just because thats the max doesnt mean its all that easy to obtain. Eventually your income will capwhat Sync is willing to provide. I should knowSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 17
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

I have 2 already but I really want more - Amazon Store, At Home, Home Goods, Lowes and Chevron. How far apart do I need to app ?

Amazon Store - sure it's easier than Chase but, you're only able to use it at Amazon and Whole Foods.. If you're a prime member you get the same 5% discount/rebate with the Chase version

At Home, Home Goods, - while there's not a specific "retail" card for covering furnishings a long term option would be a better idea

Lowes - 5% discount is appealing but, you can get 5% off with other cards as a rotating category or everyday through their portal 

Chevron - There are plenty of 5% gas cards out there that aren't going to be restricted to a single brand.

As others have suggested either way spacing the apps out is important but, looking at the bigger picture is more important.  If these are only going to be used for the first couple of months of having the new house then it's not the best use of new accounts.  Do some homework on things before you pick up a ton of new accounts and lock yourself out of better quality options due to churning rules.

When you know you're going to be spending a significant amount of money on things it's usually better to pick up a bonus like CSP where the net bonus would be at least $505.... you would need to spend 10K at Lowes to get that kind of payback.

I'm a prime member and have been for several years now. I'm not eligible for Chase because of the 5/24 rule.

I love At Home and Home Goods. I believe the Home Goods card can also be used at TJ Maxx and Ross and I love those stores, too.

At the moment I need a dryer, garage door opener and a riding mower. Not to mention future paint, flooring, plants, etc., etc. I thought about Home Depot but I don't know how bankruptcy friendly they are since it's a Citi card.

And the reason I wanted Chevron is because I drive an old van for work and unless I use Techron, it gives me problems starting.

I'm going to try Amazon and At Home on Monday. The rest I will try 1 or 2 in a few months.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

I'm a prime member and have been for several years now. I'm not eligible for Chase because of the 5/24 rule.

I love At Home and Home Goods. I believe the Home Goods card can also be used at TJ Maxx and Ross and I love those stores, too.

At the moment I need a dryer, garage door opener and a riding mower. Not to mention future paint, flooring, plants, etc., etc. I thought about Home Depot but I don't know how bankruptcy friendly they are since it's a Citi card.

And the reason I wanted Chevron is because I drive an old van for work and unless I use Techron, it gives me problems starting.

I'm going to try Amazon and At Home on Monday. The rest I will try 1 or 2 in a few months.

I'm happy as you seem to have done your homework and have valid reasons.  

Big expenses though like the riding mower can still help hit those big spend bonus requirements.  5% off is enticing but, say it's a $3K mower, 5% is $150... you could easily go with BOA Cash Rewards and collect $200. 

Gas cards from the likes of Sam's Club @ 5% or Duck's Unlimited, Costco and so on will work at the pumps for Chevron.

If you're going to spend the money anyway you might as well target some better options for payback is all I'm saying.  Even for things like the dryer you could get another card that has a $500 MSR and collect another $100-$200 in cashback vs 5%.  

Just take a look at this list that has current offers and weed out the ones from Chase and see what ideas come up.... 

https://www.bankcheckingsavings.com/best-credit-card-promotions/

Message 13 of 17
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

I'm happy as you seem to have done your homework and have valid reasons.  

Big expenses though like the riding mower can still help hit those big spend bonus requirements.  5% off is enticing but, say it's a $3K mower, 5% is $150... you could easily go with BOA Cash Rewards and collect $200. 

Gas cards from the likes of Sam's Club @ 5% or Duck's Unlimited, Costco and so on will work at the pumps for Chevron.

If you're going to spend the money anyway you might as well target some better options for payback is all I'm saying.  Even for things like the dryer you could get another card that has a $500 MSR and collect another $100-$200 in cashback vs 5%.  

Just take a look at this list that has current offers and weed out the ones from Chase and see what ideas come up.... 

https://www.bankcheckingsavings.com/best-credit-card-promotions/

I'm not eligible for BofA either because my Ch 7 is 3 years old.

I didn't know I could use Sam's gas card or Costco's anywhere. I will look into those. As long as they are not backed by Chase, Citi or Amex, I may be eligible.

Thanks for the link - let me go research !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

I'm not eligible for BofA either because my Ch 7 is 3 years old.

I didn't know I could use Sam's gas card or Costco's anywhere. I will look into those. As long as they are not backed by Chase, Citi or Amex, I may be eligible.

Thanks for the link - let me go research !

Sam's is Synch - there's a MC version 

Costco is Citi - there's the V version

3 yo BK can be overcome with some of them with a phone call.  Don't let it deter you too much, just verify with a search here in approvals or pose the question about a particular card.  

Some CU cards are going to be easier wiht the BK though but, the rewards won't be as high.  The BK is probably some useful info to have as to exclude some of the options but, there's 1000's of cards out there to choose from and maybe consider Disco Miles for 3% back for the first year.  

Message 15 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Lowes is a great card.

0% promos alone are worth getting the card if you need to make large purchases.

They just ran 24 months 0% for July 4th.

Hard to beat.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for the SamsClub card thinking I would get the MasterCard version with my scores after doing hours of reading approvals on here but was only giving the store card. So I will try to grow it and hopefully with upgrade to the MC in the future. I wanted the 5% for gas.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.