cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many comenity cards is it safe to have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many comenity cards is it safe to have?

I have 3 comenity cards. Ulta (cold-apped) $250. New York and Company (SCT) $400. And VS (SCT) $350. All got within a couple days. I was thinking about trying for a couple more pop ups until I read that sometimes this freaks Comenity out and they close all the accounts down. I don't want that! Do I have enough? Would doing another one freak them out?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: How many comenity cards is it safe to have?

My feeling is that you have a fairly new credit portfolio. I would definately say to stop applying for Comenity cards at this point. If they do bring adverse action your way it can be across all the cards they have issued you.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest staying away from using the SCT and getting overloaded with them because in the event they do any adverse action they will close them all down.

Plus, the more you get at one time is just going to lower your AAoA and cause more harm than good.

I know it's exciting to get approved and I got far into that myself cause I have 7 or 8 cards from Comenity. I only use about 3 of them 😬
Message 3 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Appleman wrote:

My feeling is that you have a fairly new credit portfolio. I would definately say to stop applying for Comenity cards at this point. If they do bring adverse action your way it can be across all the cards they have issued you.

+1  Solid advice here.

Message 4 of 11
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

I have three when I started my new credit profile from rebuilding an now after getting capital one unsecured I am in the garden I think too many small lines of credit could really hurt down the line
Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Its not just too many smalll lines of credit but apping too many sct cards in a short period of time. I have 3 Comenity backed cards and thats more than i need from them . Op, take a break and age those puppies, your profile will thank you for itSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 Comenity cards, which I got early on in my rebuild.  I have to remind myself to use them occasionally to keep them open and to get them to report.  If you don't use the card for several months....they don't report for several months. Every 4 to 6 months I use the card and make full payment when the charge posts.  The interest rate is very high on these cards.  I would not use them to carry a balance.  

I'd let them age with proper use and not get anymore SCT cards.  Just my 2 cents! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much! Into the garden I go! Smiley Happy God bless!
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good instincts thoughSmiley Happy Best of luck as you move forwardSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Welcome to the garden
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.