Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to ask for CLI? Lowe's Card

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

How much to ask for CLI? Lowe's Card

Alright guys,, please help me decide on this if you may. 

I have paid down a ton and my numbers look like this:

788 Fico Experian Fico 8

805 Equifax fico 8

800 Transunion Fico 8

11% overall usage

All cards under 50%

My lowes card has a 15k limit. This was the initial credit they gave me last year. 

I have a couple of promos there and owe then under 45% (bought some windows etc)

Doing some remodeling that is necessary and I am planning on spending at least another 8k wich I have available on the card, but will max it out. 

I would like to see if I can get a CLI so my debt on this card is at 50% or lower. 

Do you think I can get to $35k from 15k and $6,800 usage?

I will be requesting this online.. or is there a better way? 

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: How much to ask for CLI? Lowe's Card

oh by the way, my last inquiry for a card will be 1yrs old in 2 days. Not sure if too many inquiries in the past year is a reason for sync to look at my CLI less favorably. If it is better, then I can wait another 3 days to be certain.. this is only on my transunion report. not sure what report they soft pull from. thanks

Message 2 of 10
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Ask for all of it. J/k

It's Synchrony, so whatever you request doesn't actually matter.  They will counter with what they are willing to give you (if you are eligible - which it looks like you should be).

So it's better to shoot high.  And they use TransUnion.  Just check the score they provide you in your card's site.  Anything in the mid 700s (using VantageScore4), should be no problem.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 3 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

My Transunion is at 805, but I checked it through Experian 3 in one. 

I don't see a Lowe's card fico being offered.

Even so, if they did the may have a slightly less updated one than the 805 since I recently paid off a ton. 

I wonder if they will do a new soft pull when request a CLI or they use their latest account verification soft pull.. you know, whent they want to review you every now and then. 

Message 4 of 10
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

I agree. Ask for more than you would want and let them counter. I was recently approved with a 300SL I immediately called them up and had them bumped me to 10k. Took 2 minutes. Cheers and let us know how it goes!

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If your current limit is $15K, you would need to reach out to Credit Solutions for better results. Otherwise, if you try it online it may not yield any fruit.

Message 6 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

If your current limit is $15K, you would need to reach out to Credit Solutions for better results. Otherwise, if you try it online it may not yield any fruit.

@FinStar  Thank you so much for the heads up regarding this.

I have been diligently and patiently preparing for this CLI request. I must get it right or I will have a card above 50% for a couple of years, which will suck. So thanks a lot! 

I found this number on an thread here. Is it possible to corroborate this information:

Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Also, will they do a soft pull when I request the CLI with credit solutions vs online?

or will they be looking at their last account review soft pull (if they even do this, I am just wondering)

My credit just jumped to the 800 (first time ever) just yesterday (for Transunion) and I could wait a couple of days to let the last inquiry be more than 1yrs old if this matters to them. 

Thanks again!!!!!

Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

I have been diligently and patiently preparing for this CLI request. I must get it right or I will have a card above 50% for a couple of years, which will suck. So thanks a lot! 

I found this number on an thread here. Is it possible to corroborate this information:

Also, will they do a soft pull when I request the CLI with credit solutions vs online?

or will they be looking at their last account review soft pull (if they even do this, I am just wondering)

My credit just jumped to the 800 (first time ever) just yesterday (for Transunion) and I could wait a couple of days to let the last inquiry be more than 1yrs old if this matters to them. 

Thanks again!!!!!

Correct, that number is still valid, IIRC.  Otherwise, you can try 866-519-6441.

And, yes, it will be a SP for the CLI request.  They'll ask you the usual questions about income, housing payment, etc. You can ask for maybe ~$30K.  They will counter if the full amount cannot be approved.

Message 8 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Superduper2014 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Thanks again!!!!!

Correct, that number is still valid, IIRC.  Otherwise, you can try 866-519-6441.

And, yes, it will be a SP for the CLI request.  They'll ask you the usual questions about income, housing payment, etc. You can ask for maybe ~$30K.  They will counter if the full amount cannot be approved.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU .. 

Talked to (Mod cut - not here, please) and all he asked is how much I was looking for and my income. 

Said he was going to look at my record, came back and said you are approved for what you asked (35k) it is immediately reflected on your account. 

So now I can spend on what I need and still be under 50% at least on this card.

This helped me tremendously in many ways. 

Pays off to be patient, do due diligence, have a plan and ask questions on this forum. 

I have had great help help, so thank you Fin and also others who have helped me. I am so happy!

Have a great weekend and stay safe!!!

Best

Message 9 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update and congrats on the massive Lowe's CLI @Superduper2014.  Locking this thread as you have been approved.

FYI - Your other question(s) have been moved to its own thread for feedback from the community.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.