cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often can you ask Wells Fargo for CLIs and APR reductions?

tag
J0hnD0nuts
Established Member

How often can you ask Wells Fargo for CLIs and APR reductions?

Title says it all.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: How often can you ask Wells Fargo for CLIs and APR reductions?

Pretty sure you can ask every 6 months.

APR reductions, might be like Chase, probably non-exsistent. (YMMV ..I could be wrong)

Message 2 of 16
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

I've been told they don't lower APR.

I did CLI requests every 6 months for a while. SP if you call. If it doesn't go through, they let you know you can forward it on for HP consideration. 

Message 3 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

I did CLI requests every 6 months for a while. SP if you call. If it doesn't go through, they let you know you can forward it on for HP consideration. 

Been my experience as well.

Message 4 of 16
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

What if you tried after 3-months of having the card and got denied for "insufficient experience with present account" which was a SP. Can one try again in 3-months making that a total of 6-months? Or does that require another 6-months?

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

What if you tried after 3-months of having the card and got denied for "insufficient experience with present account" which was a SP. Can one try again in 3-months making that a total of 6-months? Or does that require another 6-months?

@Wavester64, I can't be 100% for sure, I don't think it resets the 6 month rule.

Message 6 of 16
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

I tried on mine at 5 months on accident because they generated a statement the day I got the card and got the "insufficient experience with present account".  Then I called back in the next month and it I was approved for a cli with a sp.   

Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

I tried on mine at 5 months on accident because they generated a statement the day I got the card and got the "insufficient experience with present account".  Then I called back in the next month and it I was approved for a cli with a sp.   

@chuckwood, I was always under the impression 6 month WF CLI's were pretty set in stone.

As I never remember of any DP's suggesting earlier than 6 months.

Message 8 of 16
chuckwood
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@chuckwood wrote:

@chuckwood, I was always under the impression 6 month WF CLI's were pretty set in stone.

As I never remember of any DP's suggesting earlier than 6 months.

That is correct. I had tried it at 5 months on accident because I had 6 statements not realizing it had only been 5 months and got the letter so I waited another month and tried again and was successful.

Message 9 of 16
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@chuckwood wrote:

Thanks @chuckwood ! That reads good for me since I tried @ 3-months I got the same thing you got and 6-months for me is next month Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.