Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often for BOA CLI?

tag
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

How often for BOA CLI?

Hey guys,

I havent been around nearly as much due to work keeping me busy. How often are people requesting BOA CLIs?

I had been on a 6 month cycle before...also now it seems BOA is doing SP CLIs and no  more HP?

Thanks!!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often for BOA CLI?

That's what someone here posted from another website about the SP CLIs.  Not too sure about the auto CLIs.

Message 2 of 13
imaximous
Valued Contributor

My last two CLIs were 3 months apart. But, as we all know, anything credit related is YEMV. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every three months the Luv Button (which is actually a bright red hyperlink) will appear in your  BOA account.  If you click on it and submit the requested information; until a few weeks ago it was always a hard TU pull.

Message 4 of 13
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Great, I just helped a friend today who was on the 6 month cycle hit it and went from $30k to $40k. My 6 month cycle is only a few days away so I will wait for that just in case it gets extra help and then try again after 3 months... thanks everyone!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 5 of 13
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Every three months the Luv Button (which is actually a bright red hyperlink) will appear in your  BOA account.  If you click on it and submit the requested information; until a few weeks ago it was always a hard TU pull.

Is it confirmed SP for everybody, or is this still the invite-only SP thing that I've seen mentioned a few times? I ask because my CLI link still contains the same HP verbiage that's always been there.

Ah nvm I've been out of the loop, relevant thread here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BoA-to-stop-HPs-for-CLI-s/m-p/5250589#M1551738

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 6 of 13
afijunkie
Contributor

Usually I have gone every 3 months as well. In fact before coming on here tonight I just got a cli from 22k to 30k, no hp.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible that with 13 months old BOA, and went from 300 secured-to 2000 unsecured cash rewards, i have never seen the luv button? can you send me a picture of it?

i only see a " Request a credit line increase" hyperkink that has been there permanently since day 1.

also whats the best frequency for CLI with them every 3 months or 6?

and what percentage do you suggest to aim for? double? 50% increase?

its my only credit card and im new to credit so i would be grateful for some guidance!

Message 8 of 13
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible that with 13 months old BOA, and went from 300 secured-to 2000 unsecured cash rewards, i have never seen the luv button? can you send me a picture of it?

i only see a " Request a credit line increase" hyperkink that has been there permanently since day 1.

also whats the best frequency for CLI with them every 3 months or 6?

and what percentage do you suggest to aim for? double? 50% increase?

its my only credit card and im new to credit so i would be grateful for some guidance!

That link that you're seeing is what people are referring to as "luv button." Click on it and submit your CLI request. The wording may imply a hard pull, but they've been soft pulling for a while now (early - mid last year, I think). But, as you should know, nothing in credit is guaranteed. Just have some faith Smiley Very Happy 

You can ask for as much as you'd like. BofA will counter with whatever amount they're comfortably willing to give you at the moment (if any) based on your credit profile. It's suggested that you ask for a high amount to make sure you're not leaving anything on the table.

You can request a CLI after at least 3 months from the last approval. The CLI link may appear before 3 months again, but you're likely to be declined if you submit a request too soon. If you're denied, you can ask again anytime, but I'd make sure there's a positive change in your profile or you're probably going to get the same result. BofA may use a report for 30 days, so keep that in mind if you decide to resubmit. They may look at the same report again. Good luck!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much imaximous for your help.

The thing is, that link has been always there!! permanently !!!

can i give you a quick summary of my history and you can help me? Or is there a way to send private message?

I open my first cc boa cash rewards in feb 18 300 secured, no ITIN no SSN then i upgraded it to 2000,in april, then in september i asked to unsecure it, granted. and then i tried several applications for cards and loansbecause i thought it would not be reported, as i did not  have a number to report on( no itin, no ssn) but then i got a free report and saw that, when i applied they could not find me in the buereaus to give me the CC but they all found me to report HP´S ...thats very unfair... so i got 2 personal loans, with oportun and lendify and TRY a CLI to 4000 with BOA rejected, ended up with like 5 OR 6HP, my credit went from 686 to 617, 70 POINT DROP...

Now i am waiting to drop april and may applications from last year and i need to know what would be my next step?

i am receiving a lot of letters on the mail for capital one platinum, and i already have an itin number.

i believe the next step will be in may to PIF the 2 loans, and ask for a CLI  BOA because is my only credit card and i want it to have a high limit, so the other that come next will also high limits.... Im also aware that some people say get a second and third card and let them age.... but for me there is no point on having a 300 cap on plat, then wait 5 montsh to get it to 850...then another 5 months to get it to 1500...no sense for me...

i prefer to have few cards but monster limits, 15k up as i am a business owner and sometimes need hard cash for investments.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.