Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quick does Cap 1 CLI kick in after 6th statement cut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How quick does Cap 1 CLI kick in after 6th statement cut

After many CLI attempts on our new cards post BK13, we are finally due for our credit steps increases. Just curious to know how soon after the 6th statement cut will they apply it. I was only able to get an interim CLI on my $300 SL to $400, so expecting my CLI to go to $750. DH had a $1K SL and got declines for every CLI due to inquiries, so expect his limit to go to $1500.

We've put heavy use on the card & PIF every statement so would love to see more but doubt it. It'll just be nice to see CLI movement!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: How quick does Cap 1 CLI kick in after 6th statement cut

@Anonymous wrote:
After many CLI attempts on our new cards post BK13, we are finally due for our credit steps increases. Just curious to know how soon after the 6th statement cut will they apply it. I was only able to get an interim CLI on my $300 SL to $400, so expecting my CLI to go to $750. DH had a $1K SL and got declines for every CLI due to inquiries, so expect his limit to go to $1500.

We've put heavy use on the card & PIF every statement so would love to see more but doubt it. It'll just be nice to see CLI movement!

The day the 6th statement cuts. 

Message 2 of 7
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Got mine right away as well!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, the Credit Steps CLI should be on your 6th statement. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
A1Credit
Established Contributor

I thought my email said the credit steps increase will come after the 5th statement.  Did I read wrong?  I just read the email again and it said I will receive an increase after 5 monthly payments.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 5 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@A1Credit wrote:

I thought my email said the credit steps increase will come after the 5th statement.  Did I read wrong?  I just read the email again and it said I will receive an increase after 5 monthly payments.

5th payment, day the 6th statement cuts. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience with 2 Cap One cards that have gone through Credit Steps, it hits when the 6th statement cuts.  Whether that's 6 months after approval or 7 depends on when your first statement cuts or if you make any changes to your due date (which could cause a long cycle in there pushing out the 6th statement).

I had one I got in February 2015, credit steps hit September 2015 (changed the due date on this one which expanded the 5 payments a bit due to a nearly 50 day cycle).  I outgrew this card (was secured) so it's closed now.  Got my QS1 in December 2015 and got Credit Steps in June of 2016, and I have one more Cap One card I'm waiting for credit steps for, applied and approved in May of this year, slated to get credit steps in December.  (can't freaking wait because once it hits and I get one more CLI on my QS1 I'm combining them into one decent CL on a QS without an annual fee).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.