Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How reliable are pre approvals?????

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: How reliable are pre approvals?????

Sorry 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 21 of 24
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

Sorry 

Shopping cart trick

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Sorry 

It stands for Shopping Cart Trick, those comenity store cards like Victorias Secret and Buckle and Overstock.  If you get a "Pre-Approval" popup at one of the online stores that Comenity provides the store card for, it's a soft pull but generally a yes, while a pre-qual at one of those stores means nothing.

Message 23 of 24
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Well, I apped for Capital 1 and got approved for $300 unsecured - it is a low start but I will treat it right and charge it up and pay in full several times a month and hopefully they will increase my credit line after doing this over a couple of months.  Smiley LOL

Sadly, Discover denied and so did Barclays.Smiley Frustrated  They both told me to try again in six months.  Apparently the high utilization on the AU card killed it.  So now I'm wondering if it is even worth being an AU on that card.  It has a $6,000 limit but the current balance is $3,800.  

Back to the garden for six months....both of those HP cost me a total of 5 points. on my EQ which was 590....prior to apping

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.