Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to deal with citi

I'm looking for two things from citi coming up, I will have a clean eq for the first time in 7 years around February 1st

1) citi Costco visa

2) Best Buy cli, this card has been stuck at 1000 for two years since when I got it in the mid 6's, and could never get luv due to serious delinquency present I'd like to get a cli

I know citi likes to whack eq on the Costco, and seems from dps they are whacking eq for cli on Best Buy card as well

my questions are which order should I apply for these in cli on Best Buy then the Costco card, or vice versa?

how much should I shoot for on the Best Buy cli? Is Best Buy still hp on eq?

how do my chances look to get both?

another wrinkle i will be 0/12 on March 17th which would give me 12 month AoYRA which would net more points

current profile

navy platinum 18k

navy CR 4.5k

discover 3700

Kohls 3000

best buy 1000

target 800

Stated income 50k

Azeo

2 student loans 500 dollar total balance 8.1% utilization

1/12 inq TU (March 2020)

0/12 inq eq 

1/12 inq ex (nov 2020) (Amex pull for business card)

score should be 780-790 once late falls off, and according to simulators based on my profile 800-820 after March 17th 

Thanks for any answers and sorry for so many questions wrapped into one

5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to deal with citi

For business related questions associated with the Costco Business Visa, please consider a thread in the Business subforum.

As far as the Best Buy CC, any customer-initiated requests are typically HP on EQ.  So, I would prioritize the card that would be of most benefit to you in the long term, if you're inclined to only take 1 HP.  Otherwise, shoot for both and see what it yields.

Also, keep in mind that simulators are quite unreliable.  But, what I would suggest is waiting and confirm until all negatives are removed then try the CLI(s).

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any dps if Best Buy is still pulling eq for hp's? How much will they usually allow on cli?

Message 3 of 6
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  I went from 7.5K to 15K on an EQ HP. and my DM went from 1.9K to 8K She has had the same limit for 10 years until requesting CLI

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering asking 10 and tell them I'm buying appliances I wonder if they counter?

Message 5 of 6
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Yes and they will counter. I would say ask for amount you need to keep your uti in a good standing. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.