Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Boscovs SCT to work??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Boscovs SCT to work??

Anyone recently get the Boscovs SCT to work? I've tried over the past 3 months and nothing! Is the SCT dead for Boscovs??

• Entered my personal info exactly like it would appear on my credit report (same spelling for name, address, etc.
  • Tried multiple devices: PC, 2 iphones, 2 ipads
  • Allowed popups and tracking for all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, MS Edge)
  • Tried incognito mode for all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, MS Edge)
  • Cleared browsing history, including cache, cookies, all data
  • Used multiple browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, MS Edge
  • On my iphone, requested both the mobile version and desktop website versions for all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, MS Edge)
  • Used VPN to spoof location
  • Slowly browsed the site, never letting fields autopopulate
  • Even tried signing up for emails like one reviewer posted
  • Confirmed I'm opted in for pre-screened offers
  • Unlocked all credit reports

I know popups are allowed since I get 2 popups when I first access the Boscovs site: 1) welcome to Boscovs site and 2) request to sign up for emails. I also know the SCT should work since I got very frustrated and decided to see if the SCT would work with Wayfair. Popup in 2 minutes.

Each time, I get all the way through checkout, enter all my personal info (name, address, payment), hit submit to review the order. This is where most people say they got the popup, but nothing happens Smiley Sad 

Is there a workaround? When I click on the Boscovs CC info, there is a place to enter a pre-approval code. Where do people get these pre-approval codes? I signed up for emails, but I still haven't received any emails yet and its been months.

Anyone recently have success with getting a Boscovs pre-approval popup? Please share your tips to getting this to work!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get Boscovs SCT to work??

In my experience not all pop ups are given to each person. I got the pop up instantly on Boscov's it did not pop up for my boyfriend for months. He got the pop up for overstock months before I got mine. It works oddly sometimes. I believe it has to do with Comenity managing some and Comenity Capital. That sounds ridiculous because they are one in the same but I have found the same issues with CLI's those that show under Comenity Captial take longer for me to get an increase than those that just come up Comenity. Give it time, you'll get the pop up eventually hon.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the DPs! glad to know i'm not the only one having issues with boscovs. wow i had no idea there was a diff between comenity and comenity capital! found this thread confirming what you said: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-Capital-Bank-vs-Comenity-Bank/td-p/4088242

interestingly enough, both overstock and boscovs are managed by comenity capital. i got my overstock popup last year without issue. if anything, my credit score is the same, if not higher than it was last year when i applied for overstock. i don't understand why boscovs doesn't work if overstock did. currently, only 1 of my 5 comenity cards is managed by comenity capital (overstock). i'm going to try an experiment and see if another card managed by comenity capital pops up...

what did your bf do to get it to work? like what browser, device was he using?

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, while your efforts appear to be exhaustive for 1 single store CC to pop up, keep in mind that if it doesn't, it likely means there's no current pre-approved offer available for your profile. Short of standing upside down and doing cartwheels, the best thing to do is be patient and wait until one becomes available.

Another thing to note, regardless of whether Comenity or Comenity Capital being the issuer, each Private Label partner or program has separate criteria for determining eligibility. For instance, it's fairly possible you may trigger one for Overstock, but not one for Boscovs, Wayfair or viceversa.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks for the DPs! glad to know i'm not the only one having issues with boscovs. wow i had no idea there was a diff between comenity and comenity capital! found this thread confirming what you said: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-Capital-Bank-vs-Comenity-Bank/td-p/4088242

interestingly enough, both overstock and boscovs are managed by comenity capital. i got my overstock popup last year without issue. if anything, my credit score is the same, if not higher than it was last year when i applied for overstock. i don't understand why boscovs doesn't work if overstock did. currently, only 1 of my 5 comenity cards is managed by comenity capital (overstock). i'm going to try an experiment and see if another card managed by comenity capital pops up...

what did your bf do to get it to work? like what browser, device was he using?

He used Chrome incognito, placed about $120 in the cart checked nout as guest, filled out all information clicked on credit card for payment and it popped up

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the info, AnikinsDarling! guess i'll have to try again sometime in the future.

Message 6 of 8
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

I ordered 55.00 worth of clothes online 3 days ago at 11am I set up account and when I went to add in my AmEx a pop up screen said I was pre approved, I filled it out and it only asked for the last four digits of my social and I was instantly approved for $4,000 limit. I checked my credit through out the day and no hard pull, then at 10:17 pm I got an alert on Credit Karma went and looked and sure enough got a hard pull on Eq from Boscovs, so the soft pull trick didn’t work for me but I’m ok with that I’m very happy with the SCL

AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Correct on the HP. Recent Comenity SCT DPs confirm that regardless of the pre-approved pop up, the outcome yields a HP.

So, maybe the SCT method should be renamed to SCHP 😄
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.