cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to time my two applications (Affinity FCU savings, Flagstar Max Cash Preferred credit)

tag
TyrannicalDuncery
Regular Contributor

How to time my two applications (Affinity FCU savings, Flagstar Max Cash Preferred credit)

In the near term, I would like to apply for two financial services:

• Savings account or debit card from Affinity FCU (online application);
  • Elan Max Cash Preferred Visa (probably from Flagstar Bank).

In the past year, I've opened 2 checking accounts and gotten 1 credit card.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to time these two applications? Should one come before the other? Do I even have a shot at getting into Affinity?

• My experian FICO is around 790.
  • I have two credit cards, 10k each, one is 10 years old and one is 7 months old.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: How to time my two applications (Affinity FCU savings, Flagstar Max Cash Preferred credit)

@TyrannicalDuncery wrote:

Does anyone have suggestions for how to time these two applications? Should one come before the other? Do I even have a shot at getting into Affinity?

• I have two credit cards, 10k each, one is 10 years old and one is 7 months old.

It doesn't matter about the timing. No reason why you shouldn't be able to join Affinity.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: How to time my two applications (Affinity FCU savings, Flagstar Max Cash Preferred credit)

If you want a card then checking account too?

"Using Online Banking or the Mobile Banking App, you can transfer funds from an external account, deposit checks or set up recurring transfers. Additionally, you can visit a local branch to make a deposit or use one of our fee-free ATMs."

You asked about Affinity's cards back in Sept. Havent made your mind up yet?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Is-the-Affinity-rewards-card-going-to-get-worse-in-the... 

Side note: When you place links. Click the drop down box and hit "Open in a new Page" so this stays on a the current page while inspecting all the links that are placed.

Message 3 of 4
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

From the info you supplied you could likely get either or both including the Affinity 5% card.  The only questions are income, UTL and DTI for Affinity. That Max Cash card can come from any bank that has Elan cards whether you have any relationship or not.  Pick the coolest looking card.  Smiley Happy

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.