Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the itch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the itch

So I have the itch to add another card to my wallet. I use my CC for dining, gas, online shopping and Uber on a daily basis. Before I duplicate a card like I did with the chase unlimited and quicksilver(currently in the sock drawer) which are both 1.5% cash back I’m hoping someone can chime in on which card I should consider. My unlimited is my primary card, freedom is out of the question since I was denied couple months back.
28 REPLIES 28
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Re: I got the itch

What do you spend on? What're your scores, AAoA, etc?

[2/2019]
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I have the itch to add another card to my wallet. I use my CC for dining, gas, online shopping and Uber on a daily basis. Before I duplicate a card like I did with the chase unlimited and quicksilver(currently in the sock drawer) which are both 1.5% cash back I’m hoping someone can chime in on which card I should consider. My unlimited is my primary card, freedom is out of the question since I was denied couple months back.

I was about to suggest CSR so your freedom unlimited's earning becomes 2.25%... but... why were you denied for freedom? Did you open all your card in the last 24 months?

If you are under 5/24, consider a simple 2% reward card, citi DC, paypal MC. Then SD both freedom and QS.

Message 3 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Get one of the following cards:

— a card that gives you 2% on everything

— a card that gives you 3% on groceries

— a card that gives you 3% on dining out

— a card that gives you 3% on gas

At this point in your credit career, don’t get any card that has an annual fee.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The title of this thread was deceiving.  I was going to redirect you to the medical forums.

In all seriousness though, Barclays Uber card would seem a decent fit.  It may be a little redundant with your Amex Gold and you won't get more than 1% on gas but online shopping, food, and free Uber rides with your rewards could be beneficial to you.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC Unlimited to Freedom's 5% then use QS in its place as general spending card, that should relief the itch for now.
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

U.S. Bank Cash+ seems like a no-brainer.

It would benefit you to have a pre-existing banking relationship with U.S. Bank, beforehand.

Message 7 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

And the only cure is for more COWBELLSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 29
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Though you didn't provide enough data about your credit profile, based on your needs the Uber Visa Card or the Wells Fargo Propel Amex would be a good fit and both have SUBs.

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/uber-visa-card/

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/propel/

Message 9 of 29
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Mine never goes away but I must stay away to get out of being 5/24
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.